Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

What are you doing on your deuce this weekend?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345678...10
TOPIC: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend?
Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 7 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 137
Thanks mate, that's good of you to do.

A trivial question; Are going to paint yours ?
Marty J
Addict
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 7 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 106
Marty J wrote:
Thanks mate, that's good of you to do.

A trivial question; Are going to paint yours ?

Maybe.. I have a jar of cosmos blue touch up paint for my deuce, might be no harm to run the paint over them considering they are exposed to the elements up front.
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 7 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 106
argggggggggh the poxy hours of rain today has defeated my tbar leak fix on one side

Phone call to Mr.T in the morning for an eccentric rod kit...I guess I may have to give in and get the seals if that doesn't work.
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 7 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 217
eringobragh wrote:
I guess I may have to give in and get the seals if that doesn't work.

Might be as cheap to buy a new car, based on what Toyota charge for their seals. I hear they are super expensive.

They are about £100+ per side on eBay - and that's probably 2nd hand so may be no better. Apparently Mr T is about £150+ per side.

Check out this link though, might be cheaper. There is a handy guide on how to prepare and install as well ...

www.imoc.co.uk/forums/kb.php?mode=article&k=168
Spanky
boost is best...simples!!
Addict
graphgraph
Gender: Male markspenceni Location: Moira, N Ireland Birthday: 04/15

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

I was thinking the same ..Eccentric rod guides ordered from MrT - Around €20 both sides..Will only be going on one side initially..Have to pick up a matching Tbar glass off SMIGGY soon!
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 106
My window roll up module arrived today - might fit it next weekend if I've time. I mentioned to someone at the meet that these can be wired up to the folding mirrors as well so it will fold the mirrors and close windows on activation of the alarm.

Heres the eBay link to the module:

www.ebay.ie/itm/290595840161?ssPageName=...id=p3984.m1497.l2649

Less then 10euros delivered. First impressions are it's of good quality, I opened it up and theres 4 relays on the PCB. Definately worth getting the 4 window addition as at least if you want to expand to something else you have the option.

Heres some pics:

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/02/06 16:50 By eringobragh.

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 106
I fitted 3000k Fog HID Kit today, an easy but time consuming job, I've only one bulb working since I got the car so I decided to get an ebay kit when I was changing them. I heard it can be tricky getting the fogs out due to the screws going bad.

The Kit (Ultra Small Ballasts):

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

You are guaranteed to need the screw extractors on the MR2 fogs..if your screws come out without hassle, wget to your nearest newsagent and do the lotto! Along with the screw extractors you'll need a long drill bit as the chuck will hit off the bumper

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Drill the Screw - whack the extractor into a ratchet piece and tighten until it shifts - (try use a bigger ratchet piece and a nail to hold the screw extractor - I'd an awful time getting the extractor free from the piece).

Mine shifted ok - I'd the 4 out in about half an hour

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Check the polarity with a multimeter - looking at other write ups the wires were placed differently - its a 2 second job to check

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Drill the plastic cover with a hole saw - don't be tempted to drill it on the ground like I did! :) ...you'll end up wrecking the clips...mine was ok thank god. Once drilled insert the HIDs grommet into the plastic piece.

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Looks like I'm in the market for a new Fog lens! I filled the small hole with super glue for now and continued. I'll grab another one shortly.

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Mounting the ballasts probably took the longest out of everything as I had to raise the car, put down chocks, axle stands, etc. Once jacked up..cable tie the ballast to the loom of the Heahdlights and the fog light loom.

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

After all that theres no point in putting in the OEM screws for the same thing to happen again. I stuck in some stainless steel hex screws..(same as the twosrus kit)

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

End Results

Before:

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

After:

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Cup of cha time!

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/02/11 18:30 By eringobragh.

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 3
sounded like a whole lot of hard work until i saw the before and after! nice job,looks well!
Dub15Mr2
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 137
I'm giving my Revision 6 headlight housing the electrolysis treatment.

After that has removed the rust I will electroplate the housings and paint them.
Marty J
Addict
graphgraph

Dub15Mr2 wrote:
sounded like a whole lot of hard work until i saw the before and after! nice job,looks well!

Cheers man, yeah theres a good few mini-jobs to be done but once the old fogs are out its home run! The HIDs are €25 delivered..they've been on my shelf the last 2 months.

...I'm getting to jobs slowly but surely! Sandblast and repaint the Rev5 wheels is high on the list.
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 327
Your piling into the work on your car eringobragh, fair play to you.

Well I got to do very little so far this weekend, MR2's keep getting in the way.

Friday; collected my front crash bar from the powder coaters done in the blistein colour. A bit OTT but you will get to see the yellow toeing eye, when the front bumper is back on.

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Saturday; after waking several times in the night I met Dshamrock in Mondello and wasted away the hours driving his car around the track. Great day Dave, really enjoyed it and I hope your car is still ok, performed faultlessly all day, thanks.

Sunday; I get to spend another day MR2ing again.
slipsliderg
"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
graphgraph
"Happier than a tornado in a trailer park"

"Just as in cuisine, the ‘flavor’ of a car is quite important…”
Hiromu Naruse 1943-2010 RIP

Yeah..always something to be done! I was going to install the window rollup kit, but am waiting for some connectors.

Nice job on the crash bar

slipsliderg wrote:
Your piling into the work on your car eringobragh, fair play to you.

Well I got to do very little so far this weekend, MR2's keep getting in the way.

Friday; collected my front crash bar from the powder coaters done in the blistein colour. A bit OTT but you will get to see the yellow toeing eye, when the front bumper is back on.

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Saturday; after waking several times in the night I met Dshamrock in Mondello and wasted away the hours driving his car around the track. Great day Dave, really enjoyed it and I hope your car is still ok, performed faultlessly all day, thanks.

Sunday; I get to spend another day MR2ing again.
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 137
Good job with the crash bar, it should last a long time now.

I must check on my own crash bar, no doubt it needs some attention.
Marty J
Addict
graphgraph

Well I was going to wire in the auto up window module but there is ALOT of work involved I'm going to wait until I get the electric folding mirrors and tackle both at the same time.
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/04/09 21:50 By eringobragh.

I cleaned up my exhaust manifold using the electrolysis method and some heat resistant paint.

Before.

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

After.

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
Marty J
Addict
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 327
Mad the way the electrostuff and stuff, cleans the red on the chair to grey

That looks really good MartyJ, are you going to heat wrap it as well or leave it with the nice paint finish.
slipsliderg
graphgraph

I'm going to use DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap on the manifold. No doubt over time the paint will burn off with the high temperatures, even though it is high temperature paint.
Marty J
Addict
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 3
Was gonna wait till the weekend but had some spare time this eve so fitted yellowstuff pads front and rear and motuil race fluid this eve!!!! Best mod ever savage brakes now and their not even bedded in yet... Can't wait ta proper test them in mondello on tuesday can't wait now..
M3 mick
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Went to change a bulb on the 2, read I have to remove the lamp itself and some panels...had visions it was going to be like the time I had to change a bulb on a mates megane! Thankfully its pretty straight forward...takes about 5 minutes per side at a steady pace..

1 Bulb down [keeping up with 30% of motorists :P]

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

H4 bulb kit - 6.50 from Aldi

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Safety First Remove the 30A RTR fuse from the front fuse box (controls the headlight motors)

Remove the plastic case (4 screws), and chrome HL surround (4 screws)

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Thethered screws on all thefront headlight fittings (Just thought it was a nice touch!)

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Changed the both headlights (new bulb was alot brighter)

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

.........think its time to take a sing with the T-Bar glass out with the weather were having today!
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/02/26 12:23 By eringobragh.

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 25
Putting in the leather interior, new speakers and a service.

Nothing mental, but necessary bits!
SteveH
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 7 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 106
Last week my Rad burst and I had overheating issues coming into Galway..I left the car there and got the parts shipped down.
Sorted it over a couple of hours this Saturday..not the hardest job, but not the easisest so far

PARTS:

New Rad - Aluminium 15% Better cooling and at least half the weight of the old one.

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Another delivery?? Don't remember ordering anything this big?

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Some size box to ship a bit of mesh from Longford!

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Lots of Toyota4Life Coolant..was able to use the old stuff I drained from the system (it was only changed June last year)

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Old Rad Cap worse for wear during the overheating and was changed last week

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

I was given some sound advce "If its not broken, don't fix it"...BUT I had visions of one of the pipes ripping and
having to go down to Galway another weekend...so I ordered 2 pipes and clips off Mr.T..no harm as the ones on it and 12
years old at this stage.

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Work:

Jacked up and ready to drop the Rad

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Not the worst job of my life...drain the rad, remove the fan, cables, etc...hardest thing to get off was the hoses..
My hands look like I've been bare knuckle boxing!

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

RAD out.....this doesn't look like it should be there!!! I think we have our culprit.

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

This is the culprit...it was actually in behind the fan??Does anyone know whats its from? It looks like some sort of marker
with 60 wrote on the top???

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Mesh grill measured and moved on cardboard for front bumper

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Mesh installed on bumper to help prevent rad damage...not sure why this wasn't on it leaving the line..it looks great

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Just a bit of bleeding of the cooling system and a test of the system to make sure its working fine..needed a few small topups so far
going into the system..back to Dublin with no overheating issues :)

RESULT! :)
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/03/11 20:38 By eringobragh.

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 7 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 327
Good man, nice work Kc'd, but be careful working on a car supporting it like you did. A couple of people killed in the last year with cars falling on them, nightmare stuff really.

Let me know how the rad holds out over the next while. I might be buying a new one soon enough, where did you source it. If you want to sell on the ForLife you didn't use, drop me a PM with price.

If it ain't broke don't fix it, now who said that Hmmmm
slipsliderg
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 7 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 327
Oh, what did I do with my Deuce, hmmm, where do I start ah feck it.

I sold my Mrk 1 V6 this weekend to Padraig. It spent to long sitting in the drive with out getting the love it deserved, I know Padraig can give it the time it needs to exploit the full potential. Really hated giving up on it , but onward and upward as they say.

Good luck to him with it, and hopefully he will give me a spin in it all finished and sicken me.
slipsliderg
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 7 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 106
slipsliderg wrote:
Good man, nice work Kc'd, but be careful working on a car supporting it like you did. A couple of people killed in the last year with cars falling on them, nightmare stuff really.

Let me know how the rad holds out over the next while. I might be buying a new one soon enough, where did you source it. If you want to sell on the ForLife you didn't use, drop me a PM with price.

If it ain't broke don't fix it, now who said that Hmmmm

Safety is the utmost alright...Don't worry I had her on axle stands as well as back wheel chocks, I just jammed anything else under it I could find.... (just in case)

MrT will take back the coolant...if you want any let me know think it worked out at round 6.50 a litre.

....not a sly dig at you there either just feared I was going to rip the ones there and be stuck...anyway there wasn't that much hassle changing them.
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph

eringobragh wrote:
....not a sly dig at you there either just feared I was going to rip the ones there and be stuck...anyway there wasn't that much hassle changing them.

I know that, was just mucking about
slipsliderg
graphgraph

slipsliderg wrote:
eringobragh wrote:

I know that, was just mucking about

Don't worry I copped that

Quick question..is it normal for the system to take a couple of mls of coolant after a rad change...

Shes not overheating but the last 2 runs..I had to stick a few mls of coolant in her (not much)...I haven't checked it since coming back from Galway.
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 7 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 117
Nice work - have you got a link to the where you got the mesh from, last time i check in Halford it was crazy money.
T
b4ss
Admin
graphgraph

b4ss wrote:
Nice work - have you got a link to the where you got the mesh from, last time i check in Halford it was crazy money.
T

Yeah 36yoyos in Halfrauds and half the size of the one I got

Heres the link:

www.ebay.ie/itm/270915146365?ssPageName=...id=p3984.m1497.l2649

theres enough in it to cover 4 MR2 front bumps (with fogs)..I've a spare piece if you want it.
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 7 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 117
ah nice one for the link - I need enough to do Radiator and 2 side vents....
T
b4ss
Admin
graphgraph

Bought a set of rev2-4 5 spoke wheels today...thinking of taking it to the track at some stage and it will be handy to have them when I'm refurbing the rev5 wheels.

Also [finally] picked up a matching Tbar glass for the drivers side.

Still didn't get around to polishing it yet...all in good time!
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12345678...10