Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

What are you doing on your deuce this weekend?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345678...10
TOPIC: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend?
Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 137
eringobragh wrote:
Marty J wrote:
Been cleaning up the brackets that hold my Wilwood 4-pot rear calipers and handbrake calipers. Nothing that a flap disc and steel wire wheel couldn't deal with. Going to visit Cablecraft in Rathcoole, Dublin, this Wednesday for custom handbrake cables. The cables that came with the kit never worked properly.

Did it affect your policy getting the wilwoods...lad on the dyni day had brembos on the front of his audi and a lot of companies wouldn't quote him.

Yes the policy went up slightly, I'm with Quinn Direct.
Marty J
Addict
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 45
quandry ! iv been talking to mate of mine who had a pair of those blitz wheels on his drift car which he ran on the rim when the tyre came off during practice and he got them repaired in colins enginering in bray and they done a refurbish job on them then for the guy he sold them to so they would be worth trying as they have worked on that rim in the past.
anto300zx
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 314
Cheers Anto. Just when it first happened I called Colins engineering. The guy I spoke to said he thought it sounded like it couldn't be fixed without replacing the dress trim as they're too thin to weld. Anyway I could probably drop down to him with the wheels to see.
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
MR2 Drivers
If you're suffering from lag, you're either in the wrong gear or the wrong car!

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 106
Fixed my toyota alarm siren that hasn't worked since I got the car nearly 6 months ago...Mr T part = 130euro...eBay 20 euro..(different part no but it works)...its been near impossible to get a used part for this!

Took the old one out and water was dripping from it..cracked it open and there was a scorched pcb board inside...my parasitic battery drain

reinstalled the new siren in a thick plastic bag I had from a cisco router...doesn't effect the noise level at all..

EDIT: And poxy motor tax paid for another 6 months!
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/11/13 21:07 By eringobragh.

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 9
Reconnected the rear suspension. Dumped more oil into the engine bay. Discovered I have in fact after market struts and adjusted them accordingly. Failed miserably in acquiring lug nuts for my steelies (everything is closed on Saturday and Sunday). Tire cap inserts that automatically show if my tires are underpressured - after the fact one of my tires is riding on 10 PSI (not cool).

Dickered around in the engine bay to find an annoying rattle.
Radical Lanzar
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 23
Taking all her clothes off, lol , this weekend begins the restoration of the 96 mr2 which for no lack of a better word has been raped by a previous owner with a paint brush , so il be stripping it and taking pics as i go , and wil be test fitting the new bumper hopefully , also il be popping over to Anto to id say collect some second hand parts and exchange some dollas,
Neboboy
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 106
Neboboy wrote:
Taking all her clothes off, lol , this weekend begins the restoration of the 96 mr2 which for no lack of a better word has been raped by a previous owner with a paint brush , so il be stripping it and taking pics as i go , and wil be test fitting the new bumper hopefully , also il be popping over to Anto to id say collect some second hand parts and exchange some dollas,

Would it be possible to powerwash the shite dulux paint off to get to the factory coat?
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 23
i dont know im gona try anyway , if it doesnt work il try get some paint remover or some paint thinner and see if i can rub it off gently, it really is horrific, but the parts i want to get will mean all i have to do is sand down the doors and the quarter panels the rest will just need a bit of light sanding to get them ready for wrapping
Neboboy
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 30
eringobragh wrote:
Neboboy wrote:

Would it be possible to powerwash the shite dulux paint off to get to the factory coat?

After polishing up my Mister2 today and finally getting the fog lamps fitted ... I drove over paint on the way home from the shop. It all over the tires and the side of the car ... arrrggggghhhh!!!!
Mister2
Rev3 T-Bar Turbo
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 106
Not long in the door - today I installed an 2 aux fuse boxes (1 Live, 1 Ignition Switched) didn't get a final photo of it installed as it was to dark.

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 25
Nice. Looking to that myself.

How did you run the feed wiring?
SteveH
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 106
SteveH wrote:
Nice. Looking to that myself.

How did you run the feed wiring?

I'll post up a write up on it - but 1 wire (with 30amp inline fuse) comes directly from the battery to the live fusebox the live fusebox feeds into a SPST relay with the switched wire fed off the cig fuse with an access-a-fuse tap (might solder this feed at some stage)

Sounds more complicated then its is! Hardest part is sourcing the parts - I got a BUSS fuse box from the US for $25 delivered, it has 10 feeds on it, I use it for the switched box..I picked up a 4 port fuse teminal from Halfrauds for 12euros its brutal compared to the buss as I had to daisy chain the wires with spade conncectors to make all the feeds live, I initially was only installing a switched box and said fuck it may as well do the 2 of them

Relay I used was a hella relay from a broken primera - but should be a fiver from the motorfactors (advisable for device safety)

Handy links:

Fuse box guy (ebay)

motors.shop.ebay.com/notop442/m.html?_nk...g=&_trksid=p3686

Access a fuse (this guy delivers to Ireland)

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

http://www.accessafuse.com

Aux Fusebox Diagram

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

You can buy kits that are prewired with relay etc (Called cirkit) they are on ebay but cost over 80 euros - should be no reason why this install costs more then 40 yoyos.
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/11/28 13:44 By eringobragh.

Fixed my front bonnet not closing properly occasionally - dodgy spring release lever

Finally checked the existing plugs - she's running Denso K20U-R, so as I suspected copper plugs, Although they are in good nick I ordered some NGK iridum sparkplugs ..BKR6EIX, fuck it it'll probably never have to be done again while I have the car.
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph

3000K HID Fogs arrived..but tooooo hungover to fit today.

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/12/11 22:44 By eringobragh.

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 328
Bleed the clutch this morning, on to the brake pads afterward, just need to finish them during the week.
slipsliderg
"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
graphgraph
"Happier than a tornado in a trailer park"

"Just as in cuisine, the ‘flavor’ of a car is quite important…”
Hiromu Naruse 1943-2010 RIP

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 72
Noticed some dampness in the rear boot. Not sure why may have something to do with a recent aerial change. Checked outlet pipe for aerial and all seems ok. Dropped a condensation soak pack into it to try to control it. Maybe its just all down to the rain!!! Any ideas?
Punky1968
Galway MR2
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/12/12 16:41 By Punky1968.

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 106
Out with the old and in with the new...shouldn't have to do it again for another 60k miles! Not sure if its the placebo effect..but the car is turning over quicker now.

Was going to tackle the fogs but was too hungover.

Free plug (excuse the pun) to www.carsparkplugs.com, plugs were half the price of what the local motorfactors were charging.

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/12/18 16:50 By eringobragh.

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 328
So time to start giving the car some Kaizen on the long road of life.

Last week I stripped the front bumper off, removed the crash bar and am currently getting one fog light nut welded back onto the unit. Then it is getting chemical dipped and powder coated yellow to match the bilstein struts.

The only sign of this will be the toeing eye in the front bumper, but at least I know its done.

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Dropped around to JRB and collected a full set of rims for trackday tyres to abuse later in the year.

Then called over to Mnixon to finally collect the Raybrig headlamps, nice unit and they are well bright even in the daylight in the garage, thanks Mark.

Here they are fitted.

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Ignore the bit of rust, I need to rub it down and primer them, then a lick of paint. Glad I found them as they would have eaten the metal apart and I never would have seen it. Makes the car look proper tidy, well it will when I get the bumper back on and the front of the car wrapped before going to Scotland.

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Next job is to replace the mashed up AC pipes from when I tipped the car off two hedges 4-5 years ago.
slipsliderg
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 137
"Next job is to replace the mashed up AC pipes from when I tipped the car off two hedges 4-5 years ago."

Are you using more metal pipes or steel braided hose ?
Marty J
Addict
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 328
Replacing them with ones I got from a breaker car Marty.
slipsliderg
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 106
A big clean of the car this weekend, no wax yet but a wash and hoover for the first time in god knows how long!

I noticed my exhaust was abit grubby since i got the car. I read somewhere that using some coke and tinfoil cleans it as good as any off the shelf product..I was pleasantly surprised the results of 10 minutes work :cool::

Before:

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

After:

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 106
The plastic grill in front of my windscreen is fading and that 'back to black' shit lasts about a week..I saw somebody with a heatgun on boards tackle a Ford Ka's bumper with great results.

I remembered I got an Aldi heat gun for 15euros or so about 4 years ago and never used it.

Heres the results, quite happy with the difference:

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Initial Differences:

Before

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

After

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

End result:

Before

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

After

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 25
The one part of my car that REALLY bugs me!!!

Nice work, karma click for you. So all you do is heat it up? That's it?
SteveH
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

SteveH wrote:
The one part of my car that REALLY bugs me!!!

Nice work, karma click for you. So all you do is heat it up? That's it?

Yeah it was annoying me and just looked awful.

Just run it over the plastic and watch it change colour ! Just don't leave it over one spot for too long incase it melts!

I reckon a hairdryer might get you similar results..but I'd grab a heat gun personally.

Hang tight, theres bound to be one in Aldi/Lidl soon for buttons. I think it cost me 12euro or something small.
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 217
Nice job

I might try it with the wife's hyper super duper powerful hairdryer some day it's dry
Spanky
boost is best...simples!!
Addict
graphgraph
Gender: Male markspenceni Location: Moira, N Ireland Birthday: 04/15

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Spanky wrote:
Nice job

I might try it with the wife's hyper super duper powerful hairdryer some day it's dry

Give it a go yeah, its 5 mins work!
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 9
New job means I crack open the wallet and get a full tank of gas for the first time in one month. Also need oil and a tire reinflated.

$$$.
Radical Lanzar
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Wanted to change the fogs today but it wasn't to be...very unprepared..the screws are fucked so need to be drilled, brought a screw extractor a while ago but now I needs a long drill bit and screws..sorted this out today ordered a bit extender on ebay as I wanted to get some stainless steel screws as well..checked twos'r'us $6 not bad...but $36 to post it WTF..

Anyway their loss is the communitys gain..I ordered a 25 pack or M5 x 16mm stainless steel countersunk hex screws...so that means I should have 5 sets spare if anyone wants a set let me know and I'll bring them along to the meet (if I've recieved them before then)..I'll get these fogs in some day!
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/02/28 09:31 By eringobragh.

Re: What are you doing on your deuce this weekend? 8 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 137
I had to drill the screws out too. I have yet to re-install them though.I might try and install stainless hex-head when I get around to doing mine.

The postage is ridiculous to send the screws from the US.
Marty J
Addict
graphgraph

Marty J wrote:
I had to drill the screws out too. I have yet to re-install them though.I might try and install stainless hex-head when I get around to doing mine.

The postage is ridiculous to send the screws from the US.

Yeah postage is a joke for them..I hear its a bitch of a job so I only fancy doing it the once!

I'll stick a set of them aside for you
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/01/28 15:47 By eringobragh.

Go to topPage: 12345678...10