Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Door size between different rev's and imports
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Door size between different rev's and imports
Door size between different rev's and imports 4 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 11
Hi,
First off, I'm back with another 2, n/a for the moment. Couple of things to sort out with it. Main thing is the drivers door. Is there a difference between the size of rev's or if it's an import or not.? My driver's door doesn't seem to close properly or fit as tight as the passenger side. I'm thinking it was damaged at some stage and replaced by a donor. Anyone got any ideas on this.
Cheers in advance
Amps
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Andy1978m Bebo amps187 djamps@hotmail.com Location: Dublin Birthday: 08/04
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: Door size between different rev's and imports 4 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 5
check for accident damage and prevoius break in. scum try to pull the glass out from the top and bend the door.
Tedtiler
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Door size between different rev's and imports 4 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 11
The door doesn't fit like the passenger side, there's a 10mm or so gap from the quarter panel to the door. It also doesn't close properly at time's. The lock hits the receiver. Hinge isn't loose, so was thinking it came off a different Rev or non jap model. .
Amps
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Andy1978m Bebo amps187 djamps@hotmail.com Location: Dublin Birthday: 08/04

Re: Door size between different rev's and imports 4 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 72
sometimes you have to spend hours adjusting the door, maybe it just needs to be adjusted more, its handy to have someone help when adjusting.
ive never heard of there being different doors so something is either damaged and repaired badly or you need to continue adjusting...
spla300
Booooost!!!
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Door size between different rev's and imports 4 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 11
Cheers for the info. I'll have another look at it, but I reckon I'm gonna replace it when I find a donor that's White.
Amps
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Door size between different rev's and imports 4 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 30
There's no difference in the doors for Jap or UK cars for sure, the only thing that I've seen is UK models have thicker moulding rubbing strips.
If it's a T-Bar model, check to see if the roof panel at the same side fits good, I've seen one or two that have flex'd badly ... possibly after an accident of some sort
Mister2
Rev3 T-Bar Turbo
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

It's a Rev 4 n/a non t-bar jap model. I'll keep at it to solve the problem. Cheers for the info
Amps
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1