Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

15 amp dome fuse melted when amp connected
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: 15 amp dome fuse melted when amp connected
15 amp dome fuse melted when amp connected 4 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 11
Hi again,
I bought myself a 97 n/a a couple of weeks ago. Had a guy fit an alarm last week. It had a sub and amp installed behind the seats, but it wasn't working. Checked the frunk and there was no fuse in the block from the battery. I called to my local Halfords and the guy was giving me a 60 amp fuse for it, but I opted for a 30 amp to check it out first. I thought, smaller ampage = no fire. Fuse didn't blow, but instead my alarm won't activate properly and my "dome fuse" block has melted and now my Radio and interior light won't work. Anyone know someone who can wire this back up to a fuse block or know of a way around it.
Cheers
Amps
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Andy1978m Bebo amps187 djamps@hotmail.com Location: Dublin Birthday: 08/04
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: 15 amp dome fuse melted when amp connected 4 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 11
Update
Went through the car earlier with the guy that installed the alarm. Checked all the wiring from the amp and radio. Found nothing wrong. Replaced the burnt out fuse and checked it with a 7.5 amp fuse, blew straight away. Took door cards off and found that the driver side door light connection block was off. Found it inside the door, melted. It must of got caught in the window rail and pulled causing a break/arcing of the wire. While carrying out this work I noticed that the problem with my door (mentioned in my other post) is that it is a replacement from a silver car. They never sprayed the inside of it.
Car is back sorted, alarm working 100% again and have the sub connected back up. Time to get the car buffed and a good valet. Might end up doing a spray job again
Amps
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Andy1978m Bebo amps187 djamps@hotmail.com Location: Dublin Birthday: 08/04

Re: 15 amp dome fuse melted when amp connected 4 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 59
Kc'd man! Glad you got to the bottom of it
Bommie
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: 15 amp dome fuse melted when amp connected 4 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 314
Good work on that, tracking down rogue cable breaks can be a pain in the neck!
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
MR2 Drivers
If you're suffering from lag, you're either in the wrong gear or the wrong car!

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB

Go to topPage: 1