Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Lambda sensor tested,auto electrician recommended?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Lambda sensor tested,auto electrician recommended?
Lambda sensor tested,auto electrician recommended? 8 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 4
I think my Lambda sensor wiring is intermittent, I've tried testing the sensor myself and find the Toyota procedure a little confusing. I used an analogue meter with needle to count the oscillations as Toyota state but I can't get it to oscillate, not sure if its the meters fault, my fault or if the wiring is actually faulty hence I'm not seeing any oscillating.

I need an auto electrician to check this for me but am finding it very hard to find someone who actually knows how to check it. The mechanics I generally use aren't great with the electrics side of things.

One auto electrician I phoned didn't know what an analogue meter was and didn't think he'd be able to test it. A foreign lad with broken English tried testing it with a digital meter and wouldn't listen to me saying its needs an analogue meter. The car is starting to break my heart and I can't find anyone who knows how to fix it or check the sensors properly. Can anyone recommend me an auto electrician or such a person that can test this sensor, its wiring and the wiring back to the Ecu, as by the Toyota manual.

If someone on here knows how to test it I will happily meet and pay them to check it for me
Smokin Joe Frazier
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: Lambda sensor tested,auto electrician recommended? 8 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 106
Post up what you've done so far -

Pics,etc which settings on multimeter, brand of multimeter used, etc.

Have you done a continuity check on the wiring?
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph

Re: Lambda sensor tested,auto electrician recommended? 8 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 326
An oscilloscope is the only way to test one properly, these are generally not owned by mechanics these days as they cost a few quid.

Toyota garages generally have these, where are you based?
slipsliderg
"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
graphgraph
"Happier than a tornado in a trailer park"

"Just as in cuisine, the ‘flavor’ of a car is quite important…”
Hiromu Naruse 1943-2010 RIP

Re: Lambda sensor tested,auto electrician recommended? 8 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 106
slipsliderg wrote:
An oscilloscope is the only way to test one properly, these are generally not owned by mechanics these days as they cost a few quid.

Toyota garages generally have these, where are you based?

Not necessarily you can get a DSO nano for 60quid these days

youtu.be/KZgy1NnMToM
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2016/09/15 20:25 By eringobragh.

Re: Lambda sensor tested,auto electrician recommended? 8 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 4
If your anywhere near clare i know a great auto electrician and hes at it since christ was a lad so im sure hed be in touch with the old school ways
butler_767
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Toyota Owners Cub-IRL Location: Clare Birthday: 11/27

Go to topPage: 1