Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Window stickers, etc
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Window stickers, etc
#17288
Re:Window stickers, etc 6 Years, 7 Months ago  
MRob2 wrote:
i bet there are lots of us sitting here going OooHHhhhhOOHhh.. as we realise.. i was..


I certainly am! Never figured it for an intake lol
SleepMethod

Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#17291
Re:Window stickers, etc 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 284
dshamrock2000 wrote:
Im thinking the bigger the logo is, the more it looks like a finger ??

Okay, can we get back on track with this thread i'm sorry I made the above statement now ,

@Spanky would they be stickers or decals? Sticking from inside the car or outside? The reason i ask the question is that alot of us would have tinted side windows, im just wondering how noticable theyd be, might be best chipping in and getting some samples?
dshamrock2000
Moderator
Posts: 2593
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male dedmonds3@hotmail.com Location: Kildare
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#17301
Re:Window stickers, etc 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 217
dshamrock2000 wrote:
dshamrock2000 wrote:
Im thinking the bigger the logo is, the more it looks like a finger ??

Okay, can we get back on track with this thread i'm sorry I made the above statement now ,

@Spanky would they be stickers or decals? Sticking from inside the car or outside? The reason i ask the question is that alot of us would have tinted side windows, im just wondering how noticable theyd be, might be best chipping in and getting some samples?



I had initially thought they would be vinyl self cling type. These are a little less permanent and easier to fine tune in terms of position. They would be small enough to mount on the rear, side or front windows but if the window was tinted then the effect would be lost slightly or totally depending on how 'private' your car is.

Samples would cost £12 for 3, as I don't think we would be a large enough potential customer to get any freebies.

We could make the orange writing and finger (oops intake logo) as bright as possible on a black background. As an internal sticker this will be the best you can get on a tinted window. We may also be able to mix and match i.e. 30 external + 70 internal presuming the self cling ones would be more popular.
Spanky
boost is best...simples!!
Addict
Posts: 2325
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male markspenceni Location: Moira, N Ireland Birthday: 04/15

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#17314
Re:Window stickers, etc 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 148
I am thinking the vinyl cling type would be best Spanky, as you can take them on and off at leisure. I am not a fan of stickers of any kind these days. I was years ago, but now I find them chavish unless its a WRC or show car etc, so most of the time would not like these on the car, but would happily stick them on for meets/shows/runs etc.

Also, I have the rear 3 windows tinted, so again, that would be more suitable.
SWAGGER
MK2-REV3-T-Bar-Turbo
Addict
Posts: 2653
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Kildare Birthday: 10/27
LOVE YOUR 2!

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#17329
Re:Window stickers, etc 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 217
SWAGGER wrote:
I am thinking the vinyl cling type would be best Spanky, as you can take them on and off at leisure. I am not a fan of stickers of any kind these days. I was years ago, but now I find them chavish unless its a WRC or show car etc, so most of the time would not like these on the car, but would happily stick them on for meets/shows/runs etc.

Also, I have the rear 3 windows tinted, so again, that would be more suitable.



The vinyl cling type only work on the inside of the window and so aren't really compatible with any dark window tint. The ones that go on the outside are a more permanent super sticky affair so they are weatherproof.

I think if you wanted one that was noticeable then your options would be ... external (almost permanent) one or internal vinyl one on your windscreen (up behind your rear view mirror for e.g.)
Spanky
boost is best...simples!!
Addict
Posts: 2325
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male markspenceni Location: Moira, N Ireland Birthday: 04/15

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#17332
Re:Window stickers, etc 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 284
All you need is a blade, like you use on the glass hobs, and it will take anything off your windscreen etc so I wouldnt worry about any stickers being permanent on the outside or inside etc
dshamrock2000
Moderator
Posts: 2593
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male dedmonds3@hotmail.com Location: Kildare
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#17334
Re:Window stickers, etc 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 52
Well i usally have dtdirl.com stickers on my windows,its like the 3rd one i put up and about an inch high and maybe 5inches high,doesnt clutter anything up etc
They're on the outside and are weatherproof but easily removed with long nails lol
dan_ep82
Senior Boarder
Posts: 415
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Meath,Ireland

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#17339
Re:Window stickers, etc 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 148
Hmmmm.....I might just forget trying to go with any sort of logo, colour at all and just get a plain old and simple www.mr2.ie in neat, white, vinyl letters, like the stuff Dave was trying out a while back. I wouldn't mind leaving those on permanently, on my rear quarter windows. They will be small and neat and at least the wheels are white too. Obviously, everybody is free to put whatever they want on their car and personal taste and opinions come in too.

Yeah....that's what I will do, don't really want graphics or colours or anything.

However, if anyone is proposing to use the forum logo, at least try and agree on one design that is reasonably true to the original and all try to use that one design, rather than there being 20 different versions on everyones car.

How about 2 over all types of window sticker? A full orange one with the logo, and a plain white (or whatever colour you want) www.mr2.ie one for those who dont want graphics and logos? Just to simplify it and keep it to a minimum.

What do people think of that? Two distinct sticker types?
SWAGGER
MK2-REV3-T-Bar-Turbo
Addict
Posts: 2653
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Kildare Birthday: 10/27
LOVE YOUR 2!

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#19006
Re:Window stickers, etc 6 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 217
Any more ideas????
Spanky
boost is best...simples!!
Addict
Posts: 2325
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male markspenceni Location: Moira, N Ireland Birthday: 04/15

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#19047
Re:Window stickers, etc 6 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 62
SWAGGER wrote:
Hmmmm.....I might just forget trying to go with any sort of logo, colour at all and just get a plain old and simple www.mr2.ie in neat, white, vinyl letters, like the stuff Dave was trying out a while back. I wouldn't mind leaving those on permanently, on my rear quarter windows. They will be small and neat and at least the wheels are white too. Obviously, everybody is free to put whatever they want on their car and personal taste and opinions come in too.

Yeah....that's what I will do, don't really want graphics or colours or anything.

However, if anyone is proposing to use the forum logo, at least try and agree on one design that is reasonably true to the original and all try to use that one design, rather than there being 20 different versions on everyones car.

How about 2 over all types of window sticker? A full orange one with the logo, and a plain white (or whatever colour you want) www.mr2.ie one for those who dont want graphics and logos? Just to simplify it and keep it to a minimum.

What do people think of that? Two distinct sticker types?


Good idea. If I was getting one I would just want a simple small one to put in the rear quarter window, others would prob want a bigger one for the rear window. So a bit of variation is a good idea.
corkmr2
Senior Boarder
Posts: 712
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
Go to topPage: 123