Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Log in with Facebook?
Hi All, I am checking out a forum upgrade that would allow people to log in here using their Facebook account. Basically for new people who don't want to setup a new password etc it's a shortcut as they can just log in with their facebook details.

For people that have an existing account, they can also login via facebook but it's seperate to their MR2.ie login, but at the moment I don't have anyway to synchronise the two accounts so if you start using your facebook login then you can't bring over your subscriptions/notifications/karma - unfortunately

Still could be an interesting upgrade as it may leave room for using Facebook Like, share, etc etc.. interested to hear some feedback on the idea?
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
MR2 Drivers
If you're suffering from lag, you're either in the wrong gear or the wrong car!

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: Log in with Facebook? 5 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 32
sounds like a cool idea to me! kc
spurs mr2
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Log in with Facebook? 5 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 154
On one hand I think this is a good idea making things handy, I know a lot of car forums that have implemented this already but on the other I think its not so good its not always a good thing people being able to see your fb page.
For potential thieves scoping the internet it just makes things easier as a lot of people post too much personal info on fb.
I was thinking about this recently, if you seen someone with a nice car and knew their fb, you could go on and basically find out exactly where they live in order to steal their car. Privacy settings are v.important, people should make more use of them!
Infamous
Petrol Head <(+_+)>
Addict
graphgraph

Re: Log in with Facebook? 5 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 312
Infamous wrote:
On one hand I think this is a good idea making things handy, I know a lot of car forums that have implemented this already but on the other I think its not so good its not always a good thing people being able to see your fb page.
For potential thieves scoping the internet it just makes things easier as a lot of people post too much personal info on fb.
I was thinking about this recently, if you seen someone with a nice car and knew their fb, you could go on and basically find out exactly where they live in order to steal their car. Privacy settings are v.important, people should make more use of them!

Yep that ocurred to me also. I think it might be handy for some people who don't like having a lot of passwords. I guess the good thing is that we have our own registration system so if you want to keep MR2 and Facebook life seperate then that will still work.
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
MR2 Drivers

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB

Re: Log in with Facebook? 5 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 102
I think it's a good idea so long as the choice is always there, I personally hate the way facebook lets all your friends see what you're commenting on. I'd imagine people on facebook would be able to see what you're talking about on this forum? I like the idea that you can "like" a post though, doesn't necessarily have to be facebook driven though, could be like the thumbs up button on boards.ie

p.s. I deleted my old facebook account a while ago and set up a new one, I might have lost some contacts on here. Something is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. if anyone wants to add me
mnixon
graphgraph
Gender: Male m_s_nixon@hotmail.com Location: Dublin Birthday: 09/13

Re: Log in with Facebook? 5 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 114
>MR2 and Facebook life seperate then that will still work.
this option suits me
T
b4ss
Admin
graphgraph

Re: Log in with Facebook? 5 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 326
I have no facebook account and would be concerned if my post here were to end up there. Don't know if that can happen, but I deleted my facebook account a long time ago and don't want anything to do with it.
slipsliderg
"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
graphgraph
"Happier than a tornado in a trailer park"

"Just as in cuisine, the ‘flavor’ of a car is quite important…”
Hiromu Naruse 1943-2010 RIP

Re: Log in with Facebook? 5 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 312
slipsliderg wrote:
I have no facebook account and would be concerned if my post here were to end up there. Don't know if that can happen, but I deleted my facebook account a long time ago and don't want anything to do with it.

Good point slip, no there wouldn't be any data from here being shifted on to their servers. It's purely just a mechanism to help people who have got a facebook profile to signup here with one button click.
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
MR2 Drivers
Last Edit: 2012/03/14 13:44 By Quandry.

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB

Re: Log in with Facebook? 5 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 217
Facebook is evil, dangerous and pointless in my opinion, a cause of pain and heartache for a lot of people especially some kids.

Should be banned rather than encouraged
Spanky
boost is best...simples!!
Addict
graphgraph
Gender: Male markspenceni Location: Moira, N Ireland Birthday: 04/15

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Go to topPage: 1