Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Engine
Engine 2 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
How's things all.. Had abit of bother with the mr2 the last while.blew a knock sensor and the turbo pipe was knackered. Replaced them and seen that the temp gauge was at fault after this so I had enough of it and put it up for sale I was so annoyed.. On a short drive to plug it in I got I slight miss from the engine and that progressed to sound like a subaru.ha. done a compression test and the results were 150,150,90,150. Lovely. . So was Gunna break but then I thought to he'll with it iv put 2 much work into it for that plus I really like the yoke..got the engine out last last night. Found one of the valves was not sitting right after a smoke test. There's abit of imperfections in the bore. Didn't pull the pistons as il be forging the engine.but I'll check them layer. . My question is while the engine is out, does anyone know common faults I could change before getting stuff. Cheers
mike...
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: Engine 2 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 313
There's some coolant hoses on the back of the engine under the exhaust manifold. These are difficult to change when the engine is in the car. While you have the engine out they are an easy changeout and are not very expensive from Toyota.

Commonly referred to as the 'hose from hell'. Tensioners and pullys well worth a look at also.
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
MR2 Drivers
If you're suffering from lag, you're either in the wrong gear or the wrong car!

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB

Re: Engine 2 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
Ya I seen that hose. That's 1 thing on the list anyway.I done the timing belt an all the pulleys not long back so that's 1 less thing.. Wonder where is a good place to buy forged parts
mike...
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Engine 2 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 72
If youre getting forged pistons check out Wossner pistons, they are pretty good i have them, get the 8:1 compression ratio .25 overbore since you will have to get your cylinders bored out if they are scraped.
And im sure someone can recommend whats a good head gasket to get as im not sure.
Also bottom end shells and oil pump is good thing to change
What REV is your engine?
spla300
Booooost!!!
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Engine 2 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
Cheers man. It's a rev 3.. took out the piston.shells are not great on cylinder 3. Was Gunna go wossner alright an acl bearing. .id like around 350 so I just wanna get the engine to withstand that type of power..What other mods ya think I'd need to get that power?
mike...
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1