Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: clutch pedal
clutch pedal 4 Years, 4 Months ago  
Ive read somewhere that when clutch is fitted is has to be greased,as mine makes squeaky noise when engaging between gears,not all the time but most of it.On the other note the clutch itself is really hard to press,so is this normal for mr2s to have hard clutch or should i start looking in replacing the clutch ?
pinkiaiii

Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: clutch pedal 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 106
pinkiaiii wrote:
Ive read somewhere that when clutch is fitted is has to be greased,as mine makes squeaky noise when engaging between gears,not all the time but most of it.On the other note the clutch itself is really hard to press,so is this normal for mr2s to have hard clutch or should i start looking in replacing the clutch ?

some lube on the pivot arm...the clutch should be heavier then most cars I've found, e.g modern VAGs the mr2 clutch is 3-4 times heavier...put should be no effort involved depressing it.

or to be more precise courteousy of mr2oc.co.uk

How To:- Stop a Squeaking Clutch Pedal.

I can hear a squeek when I push the clutch pedal. You have the classic clutch release arm pivot creak. This is very common on the MR2.

Always insist your mechanic lubes this joint good and proper when your clutch is ever replaced as its tucked away inside the bellhousing. A Toyota dealer should do this automatically as it is specifically mentioned in the Toyota BGB.

You may be able to lubricate the joint with a very carefully aimed squirt of spray grease using a long straw attached to the spray nozzle, but the easiest solution is to turn your radio up! In all honesty you'll only hear the noise when stationary.

Credit: www.mr2oc.co.uk/know-your-2-knowledge-ba...id=8&kbartid=115
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Go to topPage: 1