Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Very nice AW11 SC clean up
Very nice AW11 SC clean up 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 314
I love a good project clean up!

There's a chap in the states who had a bit of a tired MK1 (supercharged). His body work was sound but the paint was past the 'just buff it' stage:

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

The guy had obviously got some experience in restorations and so he prepped the car himself for painting and then took it in to a local Maaco (from what I understand this is like going to Kwikfit for a paint job :blink: ).

Here's some in progress shots:

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

The paint job cost him under $400, he had to spend 50 or 60 on materials himself and labour to take out the lights clean up some body work etc and prep it for spray. Have to say I admire his work and also frugelness :lol:

The end effect is a very clean supercharged Mk1 *drools*

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Good DIY result in my book. You can read more about it here: http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=403196&page=1&pp=30
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
MR2 Drivers
If you're suffering from lag, you're either in the wrong gear or the wrong car!

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re:Very nice AW11 SC clean up 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 19
wish they had those spray places in Ireland. I would like to get my bumpers done but its cost prohibitive. Over here maaco advertise on TV with special offers etc. I dont think the spray job would be fantastic but its cheap and would be fine I am sure, in Ireland a paint job is normally a huge deal to organise.

I had a tip in a V8 chevy tahoe. The front bumper, drivers side wing, grill, headlight/indicator cluster, bonnet and front splitter were all destroyed. The truck was brand new and I was dreading the repair bill. From my experience in Ireland it would have cost 3 or 4 thousand euro to put right. The total bill here came to $1400

would love to see more of a business as usual attitude to mechanical work in Ireland rather than this black magic air it seems to have.

PS: all the garages around me do a $19.99 oil change while you wait... saw a "servicing special offer" in Dublin recently "only 190 Euro"
gv1.3
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Very nice AW11 SC clean up 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 94
what colour is that? Aggressive nutmeg? ;p
Harper
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Very nice AW11 SC clean up 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 314
gv1.3 wrote:
wish they had those spray places in Ireland. I would like to get my bumpers done but its cost prohibitive. Over here maaco advertise on TV with special offers etc. I dont think the spray job would be fantastic but its cheap and would be fine I am sure, in Ireland a paint job is normally a huge deal to organise.

I had a tip in a V8 chevy tahoe. The front bumper, drivers side wing, grill, headlight/indicator cluster, bonnet and front splitter were all destroyed. The truck was brand new and I was dreading the repair bill. From my experience in Ireland it would have cost 3 or 4 thousand euro to put right. The total bill here came to $1400

would love to see more of a business as usual attitude to mechanical work in Ireland rather than this black magic air it seems to have.

PS: all the garages around me do a $19.99 oil change while you wait... saw a "servicing special offer" in Dublin recently "only 190 Euro"

Yeah Carcraft.ie charge 250+vat for a full bumper respray, quite a difference in price, but I suppose they're also highly regarded.
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
MR2 Drivers
If you're suffering from lag, you're either in the wrong gear or the wrong car!

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB

Re:Very nice AW11 SC clean up 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 52
You'd get a bumper sprayed in Carnaross (panel beater there) for under 100 and he's very good at what he does.
dan_ep82
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Go to topPage: 1