Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Mondello Car track day training EDIT: 12th July'13
(2 viewing) Turlock, (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Mondello Car track day training EDIT: 12th July'13
Re: Mondello Car track day training 26th September '12 4 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 74
You use your own car.
You start with a classroom session, then onto the track following the instructor with a radio in each car. He'll stop at various corners and show you the lines, etc. Then back to the classroom for another short while, then back to the track with the radios for a few laps. Then another chat, then a few laps to go around at your own pace.
That's what I did anyway. It's a great introduction and great value for the track time you get. Should give good confidence for when you do a full trackday.
Tsporter
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: Mondello Car track day training 26th September '12 4 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 114
Erin,
If its a track training day the format is this:

Class->walk couple of corners on the track -> slow laps -> faster laps -> class -> fast laps
They provide helmets as it is only training day.

It is really a great day out, the instructors lead u around and show u the lines, you have walkie talkies, and they talk to u and tell u the lines.... 'Turn in at the oak tree etc'
Enjoy

You use your own car.
b4ss
Admin
graphgraph

Re: Mondello Car track day training 26th September '12 4 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 106
b4ss wrote:
Erin,
If its a track training day the format is this:

Class->walk couple of corners on the track -> slow laps -> faster laps -> class -> fast laps
They provide helmets as it is only training day.

It is really a great day out, the instructors lead u around and show u the lines, you have walkie talkies, and they talk to u and tell u the lines.... 'Turn in at the oak tree etc'
Enjoy

You use your own car.

Looks good I'm off that day so might pop down
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph

Re: Mondello Car track day training 26th September '12 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 74
There's a training day on the morning of the 12th July and a open track in the afternoon if anyone is interested!

€50 for the training and €100 for the afternoon... I'm booked for the afternoon
Tsporter
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Mondello Car track day training 26th September '12 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 88
I hope mine will be ready ... but who knows
Japohara
F*(k your honda civic
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Forgive me for I know not what i do ....

Re: Mondello Car track day training 26th September '12 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 74
Japohara wrote:
I hope mine will be ready ... but who knows
Would be a nice little test for her before the full day! Hope to see ya there so!
Tsporter
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Mondello Car track day training 26th September '12 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 88
I'll be there just may not have a car with me ...LOL

Might bring the rav4 out for a rip again
Japohara
F*(k your honda civic
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Great afternoon down in mondello yesterday, it turned into a little mini meet too with got92tubby and Japohara down for a look. I'm looking forward to the day I can have passenger laps in their cars!

My mates had their puma down for its first trackday aswell. My car ran very well as usual except when the battery bracket came loose and contacted the positive terminal cutting the power to the car, but it was an easy fix thankfully.

Here's a vid following the puma which goes off at dunlop and then my car cuts out at the first corner...with got92tubby on board!

Another here trying to keep with an Evo and a spin....as soon as got92tubby mentions time!
Tsporter
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Mondello Car track day training 26th September '12 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 42
Had a great time thanks for the spin brian. Sorry for mentioning times but your puma friends had give me strict instructions to push you on.

kcd it was great just sorry i didnt get there much earlier feckin work alwasys getting in the way of fun. Goverment have this country ruimed the work fun ratio is really gone the wrong direction .

Also kc to darren for getting the whole family involved

dont think i will have a car there this year might try and pick up a cheap two over the winter and prep ir for next year. Dont fancy taking my road car out would be worried about running out of tallent dont fancy showing up with a car and and bring home the steering wheel

hopefully get down earlier for the next one.
got92tubby
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Mondello Car track day training 26th September '12 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 106
Tsporter wrote:
Great afternoon down in mondello yesterday, it turned into a little mini meet too with got92tubby and Japohara down for a look. I'm looking forward to the day I can have passenger laps in their cars!

My mates had their puma down for its first trackday aswell. My car ran very well as usual except when the battery bracket came loose and contacted the positive terminal cutting the power to the car, but it was an easy fix thankfully.

Here's a vid following the puma which goes off at dunlop and then my car cuts out at the first corner...with got92tubby on board!

Another here trying to keep with an Evo and a spin....as soon as got92tubby mentions time!

awesome , I'm definitely doing the next training day if I'm off - hope to get MT90 gearbox oil into here before hand -

where did you get the camera and track overlay?
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph

Re: Mondello Car track day training EDIT: 12th July'13 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 57
great stuff tsporter, kc'd for sharing dude, more of this!!!
Bommie
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

The app is called Track Addict Pro, it's €5.99.
The heat was killing my iPhone yesterday so it was only picking up a few laps each session.
Tsporter
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Savage evening ... Cheers to Got92tubby for the 2L bottles of coke and orange ... The heat was unreal ...Tsporter I should have both the celica and an MR2 up on the 26th If you want to sit in ...

Cant wait for it now
Japohara
F*(k your honda civic
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12