Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Mondello open Track day - Sunday 20th January
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Mondello open Track day - Sunday 20th January
Mondello open Track day - Sunday 20th January 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 74
Anyone up for it?

Also there's a car track training day on the 15th February, perfect for anyone who is apprehensive about taking their pride and joy on the track...
Tsporter
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: Mondello open Track day - Sunday 20th January 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 35
Hmmm i might be need to see what the funds are like first....
basch32
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane."
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Go Hard or Go Home

Re: Mondello open Track day - Sunday 20th January 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 74
Bump for this, tis next Sunday.....
Tsporter
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Mondello open Track day - Sunday 20th January 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 326
Not for me still recovering from Christmas.
slipsliderg
"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
graphgraph
"Happier than a tornado in a trailer park"

"Just as in cuisine, the ‘flavor’ of a car is quite important…”
Hiromu Naruse 1943-2010 RIP

Re: Mondello open Track day - Sunday 20th January 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 58
Not for me either, my first trackday at Mondello was far from what I expected...
RR87
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Mondello open Track day - Sunday 20th January 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 12
RR87 wrote:
Not for me either, my first trackday at Mondello was far from what I expected...

How so?
Mister Two
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Re: Mondello open Track day - Sunday 20th January 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 42
Well Brian how did it go today. Weather was a big improvement. ?
got92tubby
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Mondello open Track day - Sunday 20th January 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 74
Yeah it was a great day, first dry roads i've seen in weeks and they stayed that way all day!

It was very quiet only about 12 cars I think, no messers either which made for a good day. 5 red flags, an impreza and a golf gti blew their engines and oil onto T1 and T3 which led to a couple of other cars needing to be pulled out of the gravel, but they were short stoppages.

The MR2... what can I say, she never missed a beat, the only thing letting her down is the pilot!

The changes i made since the last day out made a huge difference, especially the tyres. I ran the last trackday with 205/40/17's front and rear which were on it when i bought it and changed to Front 195/50/15 Rear 215/60/15, courtesy of yourself! The handling is transformed, she's so much more predictable. Much less snappy, and more forgiving with harsh gear changes and braking.

The new bucket seat and harness were great for holding the body in the seat, none of this holding on for dear life!

I had a mate out with me all day, it was nice to have some advice on where I was lacking, thanks to him i've got a handle on a few more corners, braking/gearing/turning in etc.

My video didn't work properly so no videos really, will put a few pics my buddy took up when i get them.

Some great machinery there too, ferrari f360, racing lotus, time attack focus ST, impreza's, integra's, skylines, evo's, and a lovely 205 gti.
Tsporter
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Mondello open Track day - Sunday 20th January 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 42
Thats great .weather had been so bad all week was lucky that it picked up and didnt snow or something. Thats good to know that the original wheels work so well might hsve to look up a set myself at some stage. Did your times come down much . I know diffrent weather leaves it hard to tell. I wonder would standerd shocks mske it better or worse. Coilovers sre grest an all for lowering a car but i could only imagine its not that easy to get the perfect setting have you msde any changes or just trying to get s fell for the csr and then take it from there. It seem to have a great motor . Pitty about the video. Kcd for livin the dream
got92tubby
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Mondello open Track day - Sunday 20th January 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 114
Some very interesting threads on imoc.co.uk about 15s vs 17s, for track 15s seem the way to go with 17s for looks.
T
b4ss
Admin
graphgraph

got92tubby wrote:
Thats great .weather had been so bad all week was lucky that it picked up and didnt snow or something. Thats good to know that the original wheels work so well might hsve to look up a set myself at some stage. Did your times come down much . I know diffrent weather leaves it hard to tell. I wonder would standerd shocks mske it better or worse. Coilovers sre grest an all for lowering a car but i could only imagine its not that easy to get the perfect setting have you msde any changes or just trying to get s fell for the csr and then take it from there. It seem to have a great motor . Pitty about the video. Kcd for livin the dream

Yeah definitely pick up some standard wheels, i'll leave the 17's for the road and the 15's will be for track use from now on.

Things can get hairy when the stopwatch comes out...i got 4-5 laps on the trot within 1 second of each other and then put it away. My car was definitely the slowest out there, closest matched was the 205gti which left me for dust on the straight(weight), but that doesn't mean I had less fun than anyone else! There's 3 or 4 corners I was taking in 3rd at the start of the day and 2nd by the end, so i'm definitely getting quicker.

Coilover I can't comment on, i've never driven one with standard shocks. All I can say is I tightened up the dampers and she felt very nice, not a bit of roll.
Tsporter
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

b4ss wrote:
Some very interesting threads on imoc.co.uk about 15s vs 17s, for track 15s seem the way to go with 17s for looks.
T

Yeah I can testify to that. With the non-staggered 17's on she would spin very easily. If you didn't blip her to match the revs on a down change the arse would be gone. Much more forgiving and predictable now.
Tsporter
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Few clips from early in the day, the camera stopped recording for some reason...

Red Golf GTI, silver Celica, Civic. Black M3 with the 205gti nipping at his ankles! Racing Lotus.

* Don't mind the **** talk or the poor lines, I improved as the day went on!
Tsporter
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

And the reason we had to crawl around T1 for the day...poor fecker!
I had to mute the sound on this one because of all the expletives!

Think this was at 11.25, trying to read the clock.

Tsporter
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/01/21 16:07 By Tsporter.

Re: Mondello open Track day - Sunday 20th January 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 58
Nice videos
RR87
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/01/21 18:15 By RR87.

b4ss wrote:
T

Cheers dude look forward to reading this a good chance to learn something
got92tubby
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Tsporter wrote:
got92tubby wrote:

Yeah definitely pick up some standard wheels, i'll leave the 17's for the road and the 15's will be for track use from now on.

Things can get hairy when the stopwatch comes out...i got 4-5 laps on the trot within 1 second of each other and then put it away. My car was definitely the slowest out there, closest matched was the 205gti which left me for dust on the straight(weight), but that doesn't mean I had less fun than anyone else! There's 3 or 4 corners I was taking in 3rd at the start of the day and 2nd by the end, so i'm definitely getting quicker.

Coilover I can't comment on, i've never driven one with standard shocks. All I can say is I tightened up the dampers and she felt very nice, not a bit of roll.

Thanks Brian just trying to figure out what to put I my car its seems to have up rated springs I will post pics to find out. I have a set of coilovers as well but don't know if i should be fitting them if i can't get them to work out better than the originals. I know there would have been a compramise between cost and comfort etc when they were building these cars but what do I know about setting up suspension (f all). I like the idea of using them to lower the car but don't want to make it unpredictable. Maybe I should worry about getting it going first and do some reading. If anyone has a set of coilovers and a decent set up for a rev i1 would be interested in seeing it. The only reason I want to lower the car is for the appearance not that I believe it will make it handle better.
got92tubby
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Vids look like fun glad your making progress. Poor guys must have been sick after blowing the engines. Must have been nice to have a nice bit of track space.
got92tubby
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1