Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

MR2 Interclub trackday, Blyton England.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: MR2 Interclub trackday, Blyton England.
MR2 Interclub trackday, Blyton England. 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 327
I may be killed by herself yet this year, as I may have looked at doing this. Maths is saying about €650.00 for ferry friday, B & B Friday, entry, B & B Saturday and Ferry home Sunday.

Any interest out there, I have not committed to it yet.

Good news!

After a very helpful tip-off from Phil I was put in contact with Colin at Javelin. I explained to him the idea behind my MR2 club day, the sort of numbers involved and the necessity for a day at a novice-friendly track that is still technical enough to keep hardened trackdayers happy. After a bit of discussion around the number of interested people (and allowing for the usual drop-outs etc), Colin has come with what sounds like the perfect solution

The Toyota Sprint Series are currently running a competitive event at Blyton Park on Sunday 20th July, and according to Colin there has been a fair amount of interest from competitors in a track-day thereso they can get to know the track etc. Crucially, Javelin currently have booked Blyton on Saturday 19th July and so have had no bookings (yes, I’m getting to the point!).

Colin has agreed to open up Saturday 19th July at Blyton Park as a ‘Toyota Only’ track day. We couldn’t restrict it to just MR2s unfortunately due to potential number issues, but Colin is taking bookings for TOYOTAS ONLY UNTIL THE END OF MAY. If there are spaces available after that he will open the day up to the general public to ensure the day is viable, which I think is fair enough. A typical day at Blyton runs between 45-54 cars and so far the only people who know about this are you lovely lot! So come on everyone, get booking!

www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/inde...gory_id=835itemid=11

Costs are £139 per car which is very reasonable for a Saturday in July. Blyton is a fantastic and technical track, which also benefits from miles of Armco-free run-off so you needn’t worry too much about bending your pride and joy. I realise it may be a little ‘north’ for some people (myself included) but it’s well worth the trip and if enough people who expressed interest sign up this could be a fantastic club day out.

Apologies to anyone who has suggested alternative tracks etc, I have had a lot of options to consider but in terms of cost, location, track and having a recognised TDO on board I think this is by far the best option. Any questions feel free to post up here or drop me a pm.

Cheers,

Ben
slipsliderg
"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
"Happier than a tornado in a trailer park"

"Just as in cuisine, the ‘flavor’ of a car is quite important…”
Hiromu Naruse 1943-2010 RIP
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: MR2 Interclub trackday, Blyton England. 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 58
This sounds awesome, but I can't guarantee anything yet.
RR87
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: MR2 Interclub trackday, Blyton England. 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 88
Oh bollox ... I'm a dead man if i ask the wife ... I am so tempted ..

I feel a business trip coming on
Japohara
F*(k your honda civic
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Forgive me for I know not what i do ....

Re: MR2 Interclub trackday, Blyton England. 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 108
[img/] slipsliderg wrote:
I may be killed by herself yet this year, as I may have looked at doing this. Maths is saying about €650.00 for ferry friday, B & B Friday, entry, B & B Saturday and Ferry home Sunday.

Any interest out there, I have not committed to it yet.

Good news!

After a very helpful tip-off from Phil I was put in contact with Colin at Javelin. I explained to him the idea behind my MR2 club day, the sort of numbers involved and the necessity for a day at a novice-friendly track that is still technical enough to keep hardened trackdayers happy. After a bit of discussion around the number of interested people (and allowing for the usual drop-outs etc), Colin has come with what sounds like the perfect solution

The Toyota Sprint Series are currently running a competitive event at Blyton Park on Sunday 20th July, and according to Colin there has been a fair amount of interest from competitors in a track-day thereso they can get to know the track etc. Crucially, Javelin currently have booked Blyton on Saturday 19th July and so have had no bookings (yes, I’m getting to the point!).

Colin has agreed to open up Saturday 19th July at Blyton Park as a ‘Toyota Only’ track day. We couldn’t restrict it to just MR2s unfortunately due to potential number issues, but Colin is taking bookings for TOYOTAS ONLY UNTIL THE END OF MAY. If there are spaces available after that he will open the day up to the general public to ensure the day is viable, which I think is fair enough. A typical day at Blyton runs between 45-54 cars and so far the only people who know about this are you lovely lot! So come on everyone, get booking!

www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/inde...gory_id=835itemid=11

Costs are £139 per car which is very reasonable for a Saturday in July. Blyton is a fantastic and technical track, which also benefits from miles of Armco-free run-off so you needn’t worry too much about bending your pride and joy. I realise it may be a little ‘north’ for some people (myself included) but it’s well worth the trip and if enough people who expressed interest sign up this could be a fantastic club day out.

Apologies to anyone who has suggested alternative tracks etc, I have had a lot of options to consider but in terms of cost, location, track and having a recognised TDO on board I think this is by far the best option. Any questions feel free to post up here or drop me a pm.

Cheers,

Ben

Temptress I've no chance lol
ricky2
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
rickyd96 Location: carrickfergus Birthday: 01/15

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Go to topPage: 1