Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Dreaming of a Mk1 turbo...?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Dreaming of a Mk1 turbo...?
Dreaming of a Mk1 turbo...? 5 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 313
If you have (or want) a Mk1 and want it turbo then check out this page:

grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/my-85-mr2/45704/page1/

The guy bought a 1985 MR2 that needed an engine rebuild, and made himself a pretty cool little car that will really shift.

[quote]Specs -Engine- -Stock rebuilt engine with 9.8:1 comp(resurfaced head) -T3 Garrett 60/.48 -SSAC manifold -A2W intercooler -HKS SSQV BOV -2.5 exhaust -440cc Supra injectors -Walbro 255 fuel pump -Street Tuned on Megasquirt 1 V2.2 @ 12psi

-Suspension- -New ball joints,tierods, rebuild steering rack, and wheel bearings -Prothane bushings -BC Racing coilovers -Factory strut bar add -Factory rear sway bar -15x6 Enkie wheels-

-Brakes- -Upgraded to larger 87+ rotors -Celica ST calibers -New Brembo rotors -StopTech pads -Braided lines

-Body- -86+ sideskirts -89 LED rear spoiler -86+rear roof visor

-interior- -Fatmat installed -Closed cell foam installed -Mass loaded vinyl installed

Heres the car when i bought it for 300$ with a blown engine, the original plan was to swap in anther engine and use it as a daily while i built my supra but its funny how plans change and it got a rebuilt engine and a turbo kit lol [quote]

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

[img]http://www.homemadeturbo.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3051&dateline=1329257275[/img]

[img]http://www.homemadeturbo.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3052&dateline=1329257275[/img]

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

[img]http://www.homemadeturbo.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3046&dateline=1329257275[/img]

The guy made a nice job of it! he also added megasquirt ECU, some suspension/brakes etc:

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

I would recommend taking a look at the page as it has a lot more detail/pics, very nice build and must be great fun to drive!
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
MR2 Drivers
If you're suffering from lag, you're either in the wrong gear or the wrong car!

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: Dreaming of a Mk1 turbo...? 5 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 154
That's crazy, I was expecting it to be a 3SGTE from just reading the title, don't think I've ever seen a MK1 engine turbo'd before!
Infamous
Petrol Head <(+_+)>
Addict
graphgraph

Re: Dreaming of a Mk1 turbo...? 5 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 313
Yep, the 4AGE is a pretty good engine. I swapped one in to a RWD Celica years ago. One of the earliest web forums I remember seeing was actually dedicated to the 4AG!: www.club4ag.com/

For sure they would have a lot of turbo'ing information there.

The easiest one to turbo could be the supercharged 4AGZE however to get the most out of it you would want to change to different cam timing.
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
MR2 Drivers
If you're suffering from lag, you're either in the wrong gear or the wrong car!

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB

Go to topPage: 1