Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

How Two: Change your aerial mast
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: How Two: Change your aerial mast
How Two: Change your aerial mast 8 Years ago  
Hey Guys, this is going to be a very short how 2 considering how easy a job it is to change your aerial mast! It was lashing down when I did this so I didn't take any pics I'm afriad but you really don't need them.

If you came looking for info on replacing the whole unit there's a pretty good resource here

In terms of tools all you need is something to remove to the chrome top nut on the aerial's casing, I used a screw driver, and something to cut the nylon rack if it's too long, i used a mini hacksaw I happened to have handy, I'd say a sturdy scissors would also do the trick.

So step one: Remove the top nut!

Once that's off; turn on your radio so the aerial exten, it should eject the aerial and the nylon rack, take note which direction the teeth are facing so you know how to inert the new nylon rack and aerial.

Insert the nylon rack and turn the radio off, this should suck down the nylon rack and then pull the mast into position, if the mast doesn't fully retract, turn the radio on again, take the nylon rack out and cut off the approproate length, feed it back in and turn off the radio again, replace the chrome nut, job done!

Took me all of ten minutes and I'm rubbish, anyone even vaguely handy could probably do it in 5
SleepMethod

Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: How Two: Change your aerial mast 8 Years ago Karma: 313
Well done mate! KC for your efforts and I bet you're liking that DIY feeling!
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
MR2 Drivers
If you're suffering from lag, you're either in the wrong gear or the wrong car!

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB

Re: How Two: Change your aerial mast 8 Years ago  
Heh heh, it was only a little job but I really did get that satisfying feeling
SleepMethod

Go to topPage: 1