Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

engine finally back in,few tips would be great tho
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: engine finally back in,few tips would be great tho
engine finally back in,few tips would be great tho 6 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 3
hows it going folks... just wanting a few tips if ya's dont mind... finally have my engine back in the car after replacing, head gasket, water pump, timing belt, intercooler, head studs, plugs, distributor cap, rotor arm, fuel pump, radiator, oil and coolant... gonna try start her tonight so any problems to look for bar the obvious leaks and stuff would be great!!
barryp28
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: engine finally back in,few tips would be great tho 6 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 35
the usual leaks, smoke, steam and turn it over with the efi fuse taken out for 10-15seconds till the oil light goes out before u put back in the fuse and start it. It'll get oil pressure up and around the engine for the first start
mjmitch
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: engine finally back in,few tips would be great tho 6 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 3
cheer's mj, turned it over last nite and had an oil leak out of the oil feed return pipe from the turbo, any tips on how 2 get in at the back nut on it cos its an akward fuker to get at!!
barryp28
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: engine finally back in,few tips would be great tho 6 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 35
quarter inch ratchet, long extension, and a knuckle joint at the end!
mjmitch
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: engine finally back in,few tips would be great tho 6 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 3
tried that last night!! smell of petrol fumes were killing me tho, (fuel filter only hand tight) il try it again later on! cheers!
barryp28
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

well d car fired up first tip ran 4 a few seconds and then cut out... i dont have the new intercooler or any intercooler plumbed in tho so im assuming thats the problem...messing up the air fuel readings....
barryp28
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: engine finally back in,few tips would be great tho 6 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 22
mjmitch wrote:
the usual leaks, smoke, steam and turn it over with the efi fuse taken out for 10-15seconds till the oil light goes out before u put back in the fuse and start it. It'll get oil pressure up and around the engine for the first start

I'm going to start my car for the first time in a few months, should i turn it over a few times with the efi fuse out first?
Snulty
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Re: engine finally back in,few tips would be great tho 6 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 327
I would snulty
slipsliderg
"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
graphgraph
"Happier than a tornado in a trailer park"

"Just as in cuisine, the ‘flavor’ of a car is quite important…”
Hiromu Naruse 1943-2010 RIP

Re: engine finally back in,few tips would be great tho 6 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 22
Alright, I'll let the neighbours get some more sleep in first
Snulty
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Go to topPage: 1