Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

How Two: Install Profec B spec 2 to rev 3 mr2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: How Two: Install Profec B spec 2 to rev 3 mr2
How Two: Install Profec B spec 2 to rev 3 mr2 3 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 57
Hi all, said i'd throw up a quick guide on how to install the Greddy Profec B Spec 2 to the rev 3 3sgte as i couldn't find a decent guide anywhere on line for the mr2.

PLEASE NOTE: I accept no responsibility for any damage caused by installing an EBC on your car. This is merely a suggested way to do it and is not Gospel!

Firstly remove the pipe that runs from the turbo housing to the top pipe on the actuator. You then run a new length of pipe from the turbo housing (lenghth dependant on how far away you've put the solenoid) and connect it to the COM valve on the side of the solenoid

This is the valve on the turbo housing you are running the pipe from circled in Red

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Next you run a pipe from the NO valve on the solenoid back to the top valve on the actuator where you had previously removed the stock pipe, circled in yellow

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Next you must block up both ends of the bottom pipe on the actuator. This pipe is very short so it's handy to have an extra bit of pipe to make life easier. You can do this by popping off one end of this pipe and threading a bolt into the pipe and cable tieing it, ensuring it is airtight. Then add the spare piece of pipe to the valve you just disconnected the stock pipe from and thread a bolt in the same way as before to seal. Below is the pipe coming from the second valve on the actuator that must be sealed, circled in green

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Next thing on the list is to plumb the boost pipe into the system so your Greddy Control Unit can read boost in real time. I just used a t-piece to tap into this pipe under the inlet manifold and run the boost pipe into the car. Orange arrow showing the new pipe running to the back of the greddy control unit in the car. The t-piece is circled in orange,

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Lastly just run the two wires from the solenoid into the car and into the control unit. I then took the power for the control unit from the radio loom and hey presto you've got boost B)
Solenoid circled in white on bottom left and arrow where i ran the wires into the car

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Here is an overall view of the engine (yes i know it needs a clean! :P ), with all the areas you will be working on circled

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Red - Valve on Turbo Housing
Yellow - Top valve on actuator
Green - Bottom valve on actuator
Orange circle - T-piece so you can run boost pipe into car
Orange arrow - new boost pipe running into car
White circle - Solenoid provided in kit
White arrow - Wires running from solenoid into car

I found the best place to run the wires and boost pipe into the car was through the grommit behind the compartment that sits between the driver and passenger and then under the plastic trim along the arm rest/centre tunnel. This trim is only held in with a few screws and the gear knob which twists off easily.

There's quite a bit of trial and error involved when tuning the boost controller so take your time and read the manual so you can set it to how you want it.

Lastly, remember that with great boost comes great responsibility....and fuel bills....greeeaaatttt fuel bills :blink:
Bommie
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: How Two: Install Profec B spec 2 to rev 3 mr2 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 71
I think you might want the pipes going to the solenoid as short as possible to have boost controlled more accurately and have less overboost.
It usually says in the manual the maximum length u can have them at.

I dont think ive ever seen a rev3 turbo before with stock air filter lol
because them engines dont have a MAF everyone always sticks an aftermarket filter on.
spla300
Booooost!!!
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: How Two: Install Profec B spec 2 to rev 3 mr2 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 154
Fairly sure thats a spambot spla.
Infamous
Petrol Head <(+_+)>
Addict
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1