Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Car shows, lessons learnt.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Car shows, lessons learnt.
Car shows, lessons learnt. 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 327
Yesterday was a complete success in my book, thought it was a great show and prompted my other thread.

www.mr2.ie/index.php/mr2-forum/5-irish-e...s--events-in-ireland

Now based on the fact that all us baldy men have now got sunburn and we were exposed to the windy conditions there was only a small chance of winning the best stand prize.

So for any future events I suggest we look at way to create a package that would fit within peoples budget and resources.

What did you learn or see yesterdaay that would help another event go smoother. I would suggest hiring a Marquee, one that gets delivered / assembled and removed as part of the price. This removes the risk of damaging peoples property. It also leaves us in a position to say to the supplier on the day of the event "Hey that marquee you put up yesterday is in a lake, get me another one here quick. You put it up its your problem to retrieve and replace it"

So, on with the suggestions you lot, perhaps you seen something really cool somewhere and would like it for us on the next show. Come on folks you know the format.

1. Hire a Marquee
etc

I sent a mail to Marquee hire Dublin this morning and I await their response. But I used they website to create a package per the following:
5x4 Mtr Marquee including, wood floor, lights and power sockets, 4 high tables, 2 picnic tables, BBQ (incl gas). All delivered erected and then removed after use for the sum of €595.81 incl VAT additional premium would need to be paid for the weekend aspect of our needs.

Thats not bad for say 11 of us there yesterday it works out at circa €55-00 each.
slipsliderg
"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/07/05 15:09 By slipsliderg.
"Happier than a tornado in a trailer park"

"Just as in cuisine, the ‘flavor’ of a car is quite important…”
Hiromu Naruse 1943-2010 RIP
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re:Car shows, lessons learnt. 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 148
I think thats brilliant Ray. The price is fair between enough of us to garauntee, come rain, hail or shine, we are safe, shielded, dry and warm. It means we can have our food, have walls to hang pictures and stuff. We would be able to execute all of our plans like laptops, PS3's, DVD's and projectors. We would be comfy, so would our guests. The marquee would be more of the commercial type and easily withstand the weather and would be big enough to even park one or two cars inside.

Deffo up for this as a runner for next time. I think that is really the single biggest problem we had. Nailing that, resolves every other issue we had, ie, none of the above mentioned plans worked out on the day, due to lack of marquee.
SWAGGER
MK2-REV3-T-Bar-Turbo
Addict
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/07/05 23:21 By SWAGGER.
LOVE YOUR 2!

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Re:Car shows, lessons learnt. 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 70
Another option would be to get a few gazebos. I have one that folds flat and would fit into the boot of a car. So if 4 were brought along to a show they could be strapped together giving plenty of space. Just an idea....
Punky1968
Galway MR2
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Thats was actually the problem punky We had that sort of thing and it was not able for the wind, just bent and had to be taken down. We are talking above of hiring a proper, heavy duty one. A big one that can stand heavy weather and allow us to have a lot going on inside, lights, projectors, pictures, BBQ's etc.......
SWAGGER
MK2-REV3-T-Bar-Turbo
Addict
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/07/05 17:17 By SWAGGER.
LOVE YOUR 2!

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Re:Car shows, lessons learnt. 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 213
Yeah, the "garden gazebos" are perfect for a day without major wind or rain - but, hey - we live in Ireland

Anyway, I saw this :

Now, I know its via eBay but don't dscount it srtaight away. Its from Germany - good industrial nation ! Seriously, though - check out the rod sizes etc - I don't think wind is going to break these rods. All we need is good bracing into the ground etc

I like the idea of hiring a Marquee but re the other thread where we select a few big car shows and pick two - if we do do two major shows, then its prob worth our while buying. Two hires per year is 1100 euros per year. One purchase is just 444 euros - delivered

I am sure we will get 10 people at 45 euros each ? And if thats two shows per year, then its basically just 20 qiud each per show and its paid for. And if more than the 10 required people come along, they chip in etc.

Peoples opinions on a possible purchase, bearing in mind plans for 2 major shows per year ?
Spidey
Administrator
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
I promise, this is going to be my last mod ....

3S-GTE Power Primer !

Re:Car shows, lessons learnt. 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 102
is there meant to be a link there Rob?
mnixon
graphgraph
Gender: Male m_s_nixon@hotmail.com Location: Dublin Birthday: 09/13

Re:Car shows, lessons learnt. 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 32
Outright purchase would be my favoured option.... assuming only 10 cars go each time its expensive for those having to travel long distances. My petrol bill alone yesterday was the equivalent of 65 euros. Add the entrance cost, food costs,toll costs and other bits and pieces that makes for a very expensive day over 100 Euros for me.

Now if there were 20 cars on show that would make it more affordable
GWrinkle
Baked
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Kyle Bingham Location: Belfast Birthday: 06/28

Re:Car shows, lessons learnt. 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 73
I think to buy would be best,but will it fit into our MR`s, either way I think it is a good idea, and straw hats for us baldies
Redmk1
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Car shows, lessons learnt. 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 32
I did offer all of you my suncream
GWrinkle
Baked
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Kyle Bingham Location: Belfast Birthday: 06/28

Re:Car shows, lessons learnt. 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 24
Agreed proper marquee is the only way to go and probably makes sense to buy it outright.

Right 2 lessons learnt
Me: if the BBQ doesn't go ahead for whatever reason and you have 4 tubs of chopped onions in the boot, remove them when you get home. This saves on wretching on the journey to work the following morning

Eamo: if your wife has aftersun in the bathroom, read the ingredients prior to application...if it says mild tanning agent, steer clear
At least he's not red anymore...just due to embarrassment of tan lines

Excellent day and was great to meet everyone
Scooby
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Spend money I dont have to buy parts that I dont need to impress people that I dont know

D'oh - here it is

link to eBay

I know what you mean about it all adding up.

I would say we will get at least 10 members willing to chip in on it. Then the cost will go down as we get more members.

As more members come along, some will join and contribute "fully" to the marquee.

Others will think "I've an MR2 but not sure if I'll have one in a few years. So, I'm not into forking out 45 quid". So, for these members who will come to the odd event, we can say a fiver or tenner per event ?
Spidey
Administrator
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

3S-GTE Power Primer !

Re:Car shows, lessons learnt. 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 284
Looks like the biz!
dshamrock2000
graphgraph

Now THAT'S what im talking about! That is the real deal and im sure we would have no issues!! However, think we may be better off settin it up the night before and camping there in it. Would be cool, few beers, BBQ etc...

Id be up for buying. We then own it outright and then every show in the future will have reduced costs.
SWAGGER
MK2-REV3-T-Bar-Turbo
Addict
graphgraph
LOVE YOUR 2!

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Re:Car shows, lessons learnt. 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 327
I agree and disagree with the idea of buying one.

Pros for purchase.
Ownership, but not really, its a syndicate and they always break up, life is not constant.
Can be setup whenever we want.
Can be branded with MR2.ie
Instant access.
No need in gathering money prior to events.

Cons of buying one
It could have been our marquee in the lake.
Its lost money, that no member should expect back and should be told so up front.
Not knowing what you buying, wouldn't buy anything of value or required reliability from ebay. IMO
Who stores it.
"Any chance of borrowing the sites marquee for the night i have a party....." Sorry about the damage!!!!!
Transport of same, not a hope you could get something of considerable strength in an MR2, weight and length of poles etc.
The responsibility if it did let fly and damage somebody's property "Owners problem not the sites"
Would have to provide our own furniture / BBQ etc.
Peoples time in setting up and dismantling, "bye I am off to ehh....!!"
Somebody leaves the club and wants their money back but nobody want to buy their share because it starting to look a bit tardy and will need a re-furb soon.

I think for something like the sites members buy this is to much. But without it, days like yesterday and last year can return alot less than the effort everybody put into it. The input from everyone to yesterday was great and we insult ourselves by not giving ourselves a chance to go one notch above where we are.

Now after writing all that I am convinced hiring is the way to go and negotiating is the name of the recession.

Eamo
slipsliderg
graphgraph

Re:Car shows, lessons learnt. 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 313
Scoobywrx wrote:
Agreed proper marquee is the only way to go and probably makes sense to buy it outright.

Right 2 lessons learnt
Me: if the BBQ doesn't go ahead for whatever reason and you have 4 tubs of chopped onions in the boot, remove them when you get home. This saves on wretching on the journey to work the following morning

Eamo: if your wife has aftersun in the bathroom, read the ingredients prior to application...if it says mild tanning agent, steer clear

Fair play Lorraine and Eamo. KC for you guys - especially seeing as Eamo had just flown back from San Fran the day before
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
MR2 Drivers
If you're suffering from lag, you're either in the wrong gear or the wrong car!

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB

Re:Car shows, lessons learnt. 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 102
slipsliderg wrote:
I agree and disagree with the idea of buying one.

Pros for purchase.
Ownership, but not really, its a syndicate and they always break up, life is not constant.
Can be setup whenever we want.
Can be branded with MR2.ie
Instant access.
No need in gathering money prior to events.

Cons of buying one
It could have been our marquee in the lake.
Its lost money, that no member should expect back and should be told so up front.
Not knowing what you buying, wouldn't buy anything of value or required reliability from ebay. IMO
Who stores it.
"Any chance of borrowing the sites marquee for the night i have a party....." Sorry about the damage!!!!!
Transport of same, not a hope you could get something of considerable strength in an MR2, weight and length of poles etc.
The responsibility if it did let fly and damage somebody's property "Owners problem not the sites"
Would have to provide our own furniture / BBQ etc.
Peoples time in setting up and dismantling, "bye I am off to ehh....!!"
Somebody leaves the club and wants their money back but nobody want to buy their share because it starting to look a bit tardy and will need a re-furb soon.

I think for something like the sites members buy this is to much. But without it, days like yesterday and last year can return alot less than the effort everybody put into it. The input from everyone to yesterday was great and we insult ourselves by not giving ourselves a chance to go one notch above where we are.

Now after writing all that I am convinced hiring is the way to go and negotiating is the name of the recession.

Eamo

i see both sides of the argument there are definite pro's and con's but you're talking about €450 to buy a marquee or €550 to rent one, i don't think any amount of haggling is going to make renting look like money well spent
mnixon
graphgraph
Gender: Male m_s_nixon@hotmail.com Location: Dublin Birthday: 09/13
Last Edit: 2010/07/05 21:11 By mnixon.

Ok, after putting it that way Ray, I have changed my mind on buying.

I agree with all points you have made, but not about ebay. I have bought crap loads of stuff via ebay for years and years and never got anything that was not exactly as described. First time I ever bought something that turned out to be shite was from that pr1ck.
SWAGGER
MK2-REV3-T-Bar-Turbo
Addict
graphgraph
LOVE YOUR 2!

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Re:Car shows, lessons learnt. 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 73
Scoobywrx wrote:

Right 2 lessons learnt

Now you tell me, so thats what those shitty brown stripes are on my head
Redmk1
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Car shows, lessons learnt. 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 108
Spidey wrote:
D'oh - here it is

link to eBay

I know what you mean about it all adding up.

I would say we will get at least 10 members willing to chip in on it. Then the cost will go down as we get more members.

As more members come along, some will join and contribute "fully" to the marquee.

Others will think "I've an MR2 but not sure if I'll have one in a few years. So, I'm not into forking out 45 quid". So, for these members who will come to the odd event, we can say a fiver or tenner per event ?

You could get a two poster ramp in that and rent it out as a garage
ricky2
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
rickyd96 Location: carrickfergus Birthday: 01/15

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Re:Car shows, lessons learnt. 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 217
as far as I would be concerned I would say ... rent or go without.

If something happens with this tent then you could end up in some horrible shit. Remember the guys in the Triumph club beside us and their heavy duty gazebo that we were jealous of at the start of the day.

Better to go for a pro marquee (smaller for better price if needs be). If it isn't affordable then do without.

Sorry guys, I just think in weather like yesterday anything other than the real thing would be a worry if not a problem.
Spanky
boost is best...simples!!
Addict
graphgraph
Gender: Male markspenceni Location: Moira, N Ireland Birthday: 04/15

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

I see and agree with the Cons - the major ones being.

1) damage to other property in case of windy conditions
2) borrowing for a party etc
3) monetary compensation when leaving club etc

For 2), I think we can just say - no, borrowing - it is for MR2 events, period.
For 3), its a once-off non-refundable payment - if you're not interested, fair enough. To combat this, for those that might just have an MR2 and thinking to change car in a year etc, we are not going to stop them from coming to the events - however, we would charge a fiver or tenner toward the event. 10 "extra" people come along and aren't into helping buy the marquee, fine - but we still get 100 quid back to the original purchasers.

Re 1) - I think it was down to the way they were set up. The way I see it - one of two things happens.

a) there is no coming down the night before and putting it up and everyone goes home. If we put it up, we're there for a few beers, camping and a game of cards So, we are there to keep an eye on it. If we set up on the day, we're there to keep an eye on it.
Also, we check the weather forecast - if there are 100kph winds forecast, we don't set up the night before.

b) when we do set up, I think there are enough of us to put our heads (baldy and non-baldy) together and make sure the Marquee is braced properly. It just means more guy ropes and not measly metal stakes but the 3' wooden ones we had the other day for the bunting - and put down a foot and a half into the ground !

If the wind is too much, then the gazebo may have to come down - regardless or hire or rent. There were still some marquees standing - so, it is doable to secure them properly.

My main point re damage being - we never set it up and leave it there unattended overnight etc

I totally agree with you Ray - there are definitely some Cons. But I think we can address the issues ? Is the above workable ?

I do totally agree with Swagger on the eBay thing - when it comes to certain items, you can get cheap and pay cheap etc - but this item lists rod size etc. It is basically showing that the item is strong. The same size marquee can also be gotten for about 100 quid - these are the type that are light, smaller rods etc. So, you have the heavy, commercial marquees on eBay and also the light cheapy ones. The one I listed (i think) is a heavy duty item.
Spidey
Administrator
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

3S-GTE Power Primer !

What you get on ebay depends entirely on how much you research and look in to what you buy BEFORE you buy. Read the entire listing, look at all the pictures, even look up the gadget/product on other sites etc, so you are educated on what it is and comfortable buying. You are usually buying from somebody in the US or Honk Kong so its coming from a fair distance, but you also have great comeback via ebay. Its very different from buying from a member of an MR2 community that you think you could trust.

You can buy heavy duty and crap marquees, but look at Spideys link, scroll down and look at all the pics of all the guys hanging from the bars, sitting and lying on top of the roof. They are not small lads either and the marquee seems well able for them bouncing off it. Im happy that it is a good one and althought I was initially put off buying by all the cons, if they were managed strictly, in the manner that Spidey outlined, then there really is no reason why it cant work. We would also need someone outside of the club (GF,wife, friend or family member) to deliver and collect it in a bigger van or car.

1. It would need to be for MR2 events ONLY
2. It should really be bought between the least amount of people possible, less potential issues. So maybe 5 or 6 people tops. At events, five or ten euro from others, can go back towards the initial contributors.
3. Somebody with suitable space will have to volunteer to store it and therefore MAY get stuck with the task of transporting.

Sorry if that is repeating some of the things Spidey said, but these things would have to be etched in stone before we made any moves on this. It would be cool though, I can get vinyl signs done up and we could brand the whole thing anyway we wanted. It could be brilliant!!
SWAGGER
MK2-REV3-T-Bar-Turbo
Addict
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/07/06 09:12 By SWAGGER.
LOVE YOUR 2!

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Ok, so we need a Marquee & it looks like it’s a purchase rather than rent. I am cool with that, but would prefer to rent to buy off the risk to somebody else who would have insurance for this type of thing.

I am not attacking E-bay lads relax. I prefer to have my hands on a purchase like this to see / feel what I am buying, “paper never refuses ink”

Also I think another thread to isolate the individuals willing to specify, pay and create a list of rules for use would be handy. Spidey do you want to lead the charge on this one.

We are clear on the responsibility if it damages somebody’s property, it’s the 5-6 people who own its problem in the legal sense. Don't forget it could land on somebody's car which is more valuable than the entire mr2.ie collection of cars and we don’t have any insurance. I would expect if it happens the people at the event would take up the joint responsibility and each agree to an equal share of the costs. Then this becomes a whole other piece of crap to deal with collecting money and getting people to agree to shared responsibility. I am not raining on the parade lads, just trying to be realistic.

So what else was learnt, come on folks what really peaked your interest at the show, what stood out more than the rest.
slipsliderg
graphgraph

SWAGGER wrote:
What you get on ebay depends entirely on how much you research and look in to what you buy BEFORE you buy. Read the entire listing, look at all the pictures, even look up the gadget/product on other sites etc, so you are educated on what it is and comfortable buying. You are usually buying from somebody in the US or Honk Kong so its coming from a fair distance, but you also have great comeback via ebay. Its very different from buying from a member of an MR2 community that you think you could trust.

You can buy heavy duty and crap marquees, but look at Spideys link, scroll down and look at all the pics of all the guys hanging from the bars, sitting and lying on top of the roof. They are not small lads either and the marquee seems well able for them bouncing off it. Im happy that it is a good one and althought I was initially put off buying by all the cons, if they were managed strictly, in the manner that Spidey outlined, then there really is no reason why it cant work. We would also need someone outside of the club (GF,wife, friend or family member) to deliver and collect it in a bigger van or car.

1. It would need to be for MR2 events ONLY
2. It should really be bought between the least amount of people possible, less potential issues. So maybe 5 or 6 people tops. At events, five or ten euro from others, can go back towards the initial contributors.
3. Somebody with suitable space will have to volunteer to store it and therefore MAY get stuck with the task of transporting.

Sorry if that is repeating some of the things Spidey said, but these things would have to be etched in stone before we made any moves on this. It would be cool though, I can get vinyl signs done up and we could brand the whole thing anyway we wanted. It could be brilliant!!

Good point Steve - I initially thought of getting as many people as possible but what you said makes perfect sense. I think we should restrict the buyers and then get small contributions as we go along.
And I totally respect people who may not want to join in for whatever reason. If they are good to go on the contribute per event route, thats all good

As Ray pointed out in the other thread - we're looking at just a few major events per year where we would have this sort of setup.

So, the logistics of storing, picking up and transporting etc could be worked out if its only two shows per year. I must actually check the link to see if it says the packed size. If not, I will mail them and see. Not looking to buy soon - the decision isn't even made yet. But just to have the info re packed size, so that we can discuss all options.

Say, we have core 6-8 people who buy it.
Say we only use it for two shows - Terenure & AN Other.

So, we say to people who didn't buy - for 20 euros per show, you get food and marquee. 10 quid for food and 10 quid back to group who bought ?

I am sure that the people who aren't into buying it would see 20 quid as great value for marquee and food ?

And because we have a proper marquee, we could approach sponsors. Put up a few signs and charge a nominal 20 quid per sponsor. Get 5 sponsors and its 100 quid back off cost / toward kitty etc.

Lots of potential once we put in some effort into planning how we use it.

P.S. Another show where you set up Marquees etc is the Mosney show - classic cars, similar to Terenure

Mosney pics
Spidey
Administrator
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/07/06 10:04 By Spidey.

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

3S-GTE Power Primer !

Sorry Ray, we are not having a go or anything, just saying, if you know what you are buying, ebay is quite a safe and reliable place to by with good protection and comeback if you are not satisfied. I do agree with you though, that certain things however, you would rather see in the flesh. But again, for me, that would be really for something that I am unfamiliar with and need to see to believe as such.
SWAGGER
MK2-REV3-T-Bar-Turbo
Addict
graphgraph
LOVE YOUR 2!

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

No apoligies needed.

Now come on, apart from the Marquee, what else was there people, help us out??
slipsliderg
graphgraph

Ray to be honest, I think that was not only the single biggest problem, but also the root cause of the failure of all of our other plans.

We had collectively thought of everything, from projectors, PS3's, Generators, BBQ's, a UPS, iPods, Laptops, mobile broadbrand, we had EVERYTHING, even custom made bunting. We easily could have won best stand, as NOBODY had ANY of the above.

With a good solid marquee and the same effort as above for next time, we take the cup!!
SWAGGER
MK2-REV3-T-Bar-Turbo
Addict
graphgraph
LOVE YOUR 2!

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

I think we made good of the day, considering the wind.

So, what I learned was to have a backup plan.

If we check weather the day before and if we're going to get food/bbq, we get it if we are fairly sure we'll have conditions to use the gas bbq. If not, maybe go with BYO sandwiches and drinks ? I'd have a preference for a bbq as its fun and a team effort. But BYO sandwiches, chocolate, drinks, whatever as a backup.

I think the MR2 drivers entrance did look good for the 15 mins it was up But backup would be to have it ground level on solid backing - which we did.

I don't think we could have done much in the way of a stand without a gazebo/marquee. So,in that respect, we made the most of what we could.
Spidey
Administrator
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

3S-GTE Power Primer !

Re:Car shows, lessons learnt. 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 217
None of you seem to have picked on Ray's comments re: insurance. If you are to put this up in a public place (which is obviously the case) then you are potentially leaving yourself open to claims, should anything go wrong.

Don't be misled into thinking this is the same as a professional marquee, in fact you should probably stop calling it that. This is a heavy duty gazebo with walls or a heavy duty tent. A marquee is a much more rigid and structurally sound thing all together. WE have 3 of them outside my office at the minute (for graduation) and trust me ... they make this eBay one look like a wendy house. The structure of a proper marquee will have steel supports which are 100mm+ square section into a roof and floor frame with massive metal stakes usually horned to resist being pulled out.

At the shows, where you will be using this, there are very expensive cars about and you would not want to be sued for fixing the damage caused by a pole going through a 1960's V12 jag (for example).

Also, dont be fooled by the pics that make it look strong. With the right timing we could have taken a similar pic of the gazebo on Sunday (the one were they are hanging off the horizontal bars).

I don't want to rain on this idea but think it through before taking the plunge.

I still say rent or do without ... or find an alternative.

Sorry
Spanky
boost is best...simples!!
Addict
graphgraph
Gender: Male markspenceni Location: Moira, N Ireland Birthday: 04/15

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Re:Car shows, lessons learnt. 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 313
Spanky wrote:
None of you seem to have picked on Ray's comments re: insurance. If you are to put this up in a public place (which is obviously the case) then you are potentially leaving yourself open to claims, should anything go wrong.

Don't be misled into thinking this is the same as a professional marquee, in fact you should probably stop calling it that. This is a heavy duty gazebo with walls or a heavy duty tent. A marquee is a much more rigid and structurally sound thing all together. WE have 3 of them outside my office at the minute (for graduation) and trust me ... they make this eBay one look like a wendy house. The structure of a proper marquee will have steel supports which are 100mm+ square section into a roof and floor frame with massive metal stakes usually horned to resist being pulled out.

At the shows, where you will be using this, there are very expensive cars about and you would not want to be sued for fixing the damage caused by a pole going through a 1960's V12 jag (for example).

Also, dont be fooled by the pics that make it look strong. With the right timing we could have taken a similar pic of the gazebo on Sunday (the one were they are hanging off the horizontal bars).

I don't want to rain on this idea but think it through before taking the plunge.

I still say rent or do without ... or find an alternative.

Sorry

I think Spanky has some good points there. The most fearful is the one about having to say 'sorry' to the guy with the 1926 Rolls Royce because a pole that we own has just gone sailing through the side of his car.

I wonder did the tent that the MG club have (that was in the river) clatter any of their cars on the way through? might be an interesting one to google.
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
MR2 Drivers
If you're suffering from lag, you're either in the wrong gear or the wrong car!

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB

Go to topPage: 12