Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Water boiling, any suggestions..??
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Water boiling, any suggestions..??
Water boiling, any suggestions..?? 9 Years, 12 Months ago  
I have a 95 GTS,this is the 3rd mr2 ive owned, i do all my own work to them,and last year in my GTS i had a bit of engine trouble so i replaced the engine with another engine i had rebuilt along with new Turbo, new rad, waterpump, but after driving the car for 10 mins or more the water gurgels when i switch off the engine, i have bled and bled the water system, the temperature guage dosnt rise above normal and all fans are working as they should, i have less then 10,000 miles on the new engine, but i havnt had it remapped since the work was done, would this effect it..???(i dont think so but im running out of ideas) and i just dont understand why this is happening, any one have any ideas..???
aliasmr2

Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re:Water boiling, any suggestions..?? 9 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 38
i have a 95 gts myself man and i get the same thing.someone told me before its fairly common on mr2's.its the water passing through the pipes up to the radiator in the front of the car thats why u hear it.nuthing to be worried about.
mr.2
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
If anyone has genuine border rear spats they want to sell please pm me

Re:Water boiling, any suggestions..?? 9 Years, 12 Months ago  
Cheers dude, i know its common but this is loud and its mainly at the water filler cap, ive even gone as far as to replace the cap with a new gunuine Toyota cap, its embarresing, one sunday i parked up in a carpark and some dude came up and said your car is over heating, i told him thats the way they are, he said he was familiar with 2's and said he never herd it as loud as that, and nor have i
aliasmr2

Re:Water boiling, any suggestions..?? 9 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 284
Have you noticed any water leaking out at all, I had something similar on a ford I had, There was a tiny pin hole in one of the tubes, Anytime I turned off the car it would be hissing and was worse if I had the Air Con on etc
dshamrock2000
graphgraph

nope not leaking any water, i even pressure tested the system, and i dont have air con, i removed the the pump when i replaced the engine, less weight and a little more power, i donno dudes mabe its just the way the car is, im all out of ideas
aliasmr2

Re:Water boiling, any suggestions..?? 9 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 327
It has to be air causing the problem, how did you bleed the system when you filled it up. MR2's are a backstard to vent all the air out off. I know you did bleed it, but did you do it something along the lines of this, from line item 25. By Jimi Lawson on MR2OC.co.uk

www.mr2oc.co.uk/know-your-2/mk2/-engine/...ant-replacement.html

It a simple enough procedure, just takes time.
slipsliderg
"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
graphgraph
"Happier than a tornado in a trailer park"

"Just as in cuisine, the ‘flavor’ of a car is quite important…”
Hiromu Naruse 1943-2010 RIP

thanks dude, but yup ive done it and ive done it so many times i could do it with my eyes closed, ive even made up a unit to pressurise the water and no joy
aliasmr2

but ill give it another go again in the morning thanks dshamrock2000
aliasmr2

ialwasys wondered wat tat noise was but the mechanic who done my clutch and belt told me tats normal but to keep an eye on water levels but mine always perfect....
glenner

Re:Water boiling, any suggestions..?? 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 314
Alright Alias, you've been pretty quiet for a while. Did you get to the bottom of this?
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
MR2 Drivers
If you're suffering from lag, you're either in the wrong gear or the wrong car!

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB

Re:Water boiling, any suggestions..?? 9 Years, 11 Months ago  
ello quandry, well the last few times ive drivin the car it hasnt happened, i do know the water pipes from the engine to the rad were replaced with rubber hose before i got the car, mabe they are holding air in them, i actually have the use of a lift on sat so ill check them mabe they could be the problem, i dont know but the car is driving 100% other then that and the temp guage isnt rising or shes not over heating so it has me baffeled, mabe its just the way the car is
aliasmr2

Go to topPage: 1