Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

19th Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show. 04/07/10
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1...89101112131415
TOPIC: 19th Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show. 04/07/10
Re:19th Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show. 04/07/10 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 213
Quandry wrote:
frank-the-tank wrote:
i hate reading this thread. make me wish i was there to be able to go to this event.

Delta flies Atlanta - Dublin every day

Just bring some Texas weather with you
Spidey
Administrator
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
I promise, this is going to be my last mod ....

3S-GTE Power Primer !
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re:19th Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show. 04/07/10 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 328
Spidey wrote:
Quandry wrote:
frank-the-tank wrote:
i hate reading this thread. make me wish i was there to be able to go to this event.

Delta flies Atlanta - Dublin every day

Just bring some Texas weather with you

And Steak
slipsliderg
"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
graphgraph
"Happier than a tornado in a trailer park"

"Just as in cuisine, the ‘flavor’ of a car is quite important…”
Hiromu Naruse 1943-2010 RIP

Re:19th Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show. 04/07/10 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 284
1. Slipsliderg- There for 10-00 with Rob, bringing A4 Laminated "Spanky" spec sheets. SSS for short. TPM & MR2 Only Mag's
2. Quandry-
3. Spidey- 10am, A4 sheets of SW20 Spider info, projector, PS3, laptop, bunting, MR2.ie banner, possibly a Gazebo.
4. Dshamrock2000- 9AM, Posters(9 X A3), Mags & brochures, plastic cups (I can laminate A4 pics if you want to email me some)
5. Spanky-
6. MR2Gal-
7. Scoobywrx-
8. GWrinkle-
9. Swagger- 9AM, iPod, car invertor, portable speakers, swagger, some chairs, mobile broadband
10.RedMK1-
11.Glenn(mk1)
12. Available place €10

Note - Scooby is getting all the food - so everyone remember to have some cash handy on Sunday for this.

Also we will have another ticket for entry thanks to ricky €10 (1st come 1st serve etc), anyone else for car entry is €20 on the day
dshamrock2000
graphgraph

Re:19th Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show. 04/07/10 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 152
buy me the ticket. i'll bring the steak. lol...
frank-the-tank
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:19th Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show. 04/07/10 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 73
tables,stakes, 3or4 stools,(i could fill the available place with TRD celica very nice car ?)
Redmk1
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:19th Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show. 04/07/10 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 213
dshamrock2000 wrote:

Also we will have another ticket for entry thanks to ricky €10 (1st come 1st serve etc), anyone else for car entry is €20 on the day

Glenn (mk1) can use it.

So, MR2Gal is using Mnixons place and Glenn can take Rickys ? And they can just give the tenners back etc

Also - just picked up a cheap fold-up table from Argos.
Spidey
Administrator
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

3S-GTE Power Primer !

Re:19th Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show. 04/07/10 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 284
oops yep, I knew it was for someone
dshamrock2000
graphgraph

1. Slipsliderg- There for 10-00 with Rob, bringing A4 Laminated "Spanky" spec sheets. SSS for short. TPM & MR2 Only Mag's
2. Quandry-
3. Spidey- 10am, A4 sheets of SW20 Spider info, projector, PS3, laptop, bunting, MR2.ie banner, possibly a Gazebo.
4. Dshamrock2000- 9AM, Posters(9 X A3), Mags & brochures, plastic cups (I can laminate A4 pics if you want to email me some)
5. Spanky-
6. MR2Gal-
7. Scoobywrx-
8. GWrinkle-
9. Swagger- 9AM, iPod, car invertor, portable speakers, swagger, some chairs, mobile broadband
10.RedMK1- tables,stakes, 3or4 stools
11.Glenn(mk1)
dshamrock2000
graphgraph

Re:19th Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show. 04/07/10 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 217
the generator is 3kW so it can power a lot of stuff at hte same time as long as we dont want to use it for a kettle or similar large power item. The projector, laptop, monitor, stereo dock etc would prob be less that 1kw

2. Quandry-
5. Spanky-generator, gazebo, folding chairs (possibly from parents), some posters A3
6. MR2Gal-
7. Scoobywrx-
8. GWrinkle-
11.Glenn(mk1)
Spanky
boost is best...simples!!
Addict
graphgraph
Gender: Male markspenceni Location: Moira, N Ireland Birthday: 04/15

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Re:19th Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show. 04/07/10 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 24
2. Quandry-
5. Spanky-generator, gazebo, folding chairs (possibly from parents), some posters A3
6. MR2Gal-
7. Scoobywrx- 10am, Food, drink, plates, cutlery, black bags, kitchen roll, chairs (+husband!)
8. GWrinkle-
11.Glenn(mk1)
Scooby
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Spend money I dont have to buy parts that I dont need to impress people that I dont know

Re:19th Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show. 04/07/10 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 314
2. Quandry- 10am, Promo T-shirts/stickers, High Octane DVD's (great MR2 action), folding chair, sausages, coal bbq (just in case)
6. MR2Gal-
7. Scoobywrx- 10am, Food, drink, plates, cutlery, black bags, kitchen roll, chairs (+husband!)
8. GWrinkle-
11.Glenn(mk1)
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
MR2 Drivers
If you're suffering from lag, you're either in the wrong gear or the wrong car!

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB

Re:19th Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show. 04/07/10 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 32
2. Quandry- 10am, Promo T-shirts/stickers, High Octane DVD's (great MR2 action), folding chair, sausages, coal bbq (just in case)
6. MR2Gal-
8. GWrinkle- Gas cooker, table , chairs , nitro truck to play with (if I can rebuild it in time) , and some hot women in bikinis
11.Glenn(mk1)
GWrinkle
Baked
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Kyle Bingham Location: Belfast Birthday: 06/28

Re:19th Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show. 04/07/10 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 328
TPM flyers, TPM magazines & MR2 Only Magazines recieved today.

Kyle, I like your to bring list, need help bringing any of them.
slipsliderg
"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
graphgraph
"Happier than a tornado in a trailer park"

"Just as in cuisine, the ‘flavor’ of a car is quite important…”
Hiromu Naruse 1943-2010 RIP

slipsliderg wrote:
TPM flyers, TPM magazines & MR2 Only Magazines recieved today.

Kyle, I like your to bring list, need help bringing any of them.

+1 - I can bring a few of them as well.

Isn't it great to see such community spirit with members helping each other out
Spidey
Administrator
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

3S-GTE Power Primer !

I'm afraid the bunting didn't turn up.

It was ordered via eBay and the seller was 99.9%.

So, it wasn't delivered first week and then she apologised and asked when do I need it for - and I said by 2nd July at latest. So, she said to let me know if I didn't have it by last friday. Didn't arrive. So, mailed her yesterday and she apologised and said she would refund and thought "that its not going to arrive in time".

So, I am thinking she has an order placed and it didn't arrive.

Anyway, anyone know where we can get bunting at short notice ? We'd need a good bit - about 60m.

Worst case scenario, I have a roll of that kinda plastic (red/white) we can use. I had been trying to get some with "Police - no not cross"
Spidey
Administrator
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

3S-GTE Power Primer !

What kind of bugdet?
dshamrock2000
graphgraph

dshamrock2000 wrote:
What kind of bugdet?

I was getting 70m from that eBay shop for 25 quid. So, that'd be max.

I'm going to go down to Smyths toys store at lunchtime and have a gander to see what they have.
Spidey
Administrator
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

3S-GTE Power Primer !

Re:19th Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show. 04/07/10 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 102
i may have some green white and orange bunting, if that's any use, i would need to go rooting in the attic and would need someone to collect it today also, let me if you want it. I'm not sure what length it adds up to but i would think less than 60m
mnixon
graphgraph
Gender: Male m_s_nixon@hotmail.com Location: Dublin Birthday: 09/13

mnixon wrote:
i may have some green white and orange bunting, if that's any use, i would need to go rooting in the attic and would need someone to collect it today also, let me if you want it. I'm not sure what length it adds up to but i would think less than 60m
That'd be great. I can try drop over to collect but it'd be later this evening (after 8.30/9) - is that too late ?
Spidey
Administrator
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

3S-GTE Power Primer !

Re:19th Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show. 04/07/10 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 102
i'll only be here til 5 and then i'm gone for the weekend but there'll be someone here this evening, i just need to see if i can find it 1st, i'll let you know
mnixon
graphgraph
Gender: Male m_s_nixon@hotmail.com Location: Dublin Birthday: 09/13

Re:19th Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show. 04/07/10 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 217
Any bunting you would tend to get in Northern IReland at this time of hte year may not be very well received in 'the south'. It tends to be red, white and blue and sometimes comes with various slogans

I want to make it out alive
Spanky
Addict
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Re:19th Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show. 04/07/10 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 148
Ok Spanky....play it safe! Hey mate, was thinking, for the Genny, I think I have a spare UPS knockin about with a load of 3 pin outlets on it. I can bring that. Feed it from the genny and then stick all the other stuff on the UPS. It will also clean/filter the power etc.
SWAGGER
MK2-REV3-T-Bar-Turbo
Addict
graphgraph
LOVE YOUR 2!

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Spanky wrote:
Any bunting you would tend to get in Northern IReland at this time of hte year may not be very well received in 'the south'. It tends to be red, white and blue and sometimes comes with various slogans

I want to make it out alive

Whatever about Spanky not making it out alive, we might not win Best Stand !!!

You're right though - think we'll pass this time on the bunting
Spidey
Administrator
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

3S-GTE Power Primer !

SWAGGER wrote:
Ok Spanky....play it safe! Hey mate, was thinking, for the Genny, I think I have a spare UPS knockin about with a load of 3 pin outlets on it. I can bring that. Feed it from the genny and then stick all the other stuff on the UPS. It will also clean/filter the power etc.

Swags, feeding a UPS form a generator can be tricky and not generally recommended. The rectifiers in a UPS can cause problems by 'contaminating' the circuit back up the line to the genny. This can cause spikes which could be damaging to the genny.

I know this is the issue in commercial installations as we have to install additional passive filtering to 'condition' the harmonics etc between the generator backed supply and the UPSs. The problem may not exist in small domestic installs but probably best not to take the chance.

I realise that what I wrote may make me look real brainy but don't worry normal service shall resume soon

@Gwrinkle: do you want to meet up on the way down to Dub on Sunday am? Macdonalds Newry? coffee and bacon sarnie then head on? post or txt to let me know.

@Swag, Dsham etc: can you post a link to a google map or similar that shows me where the meeting point is? you talked about a garage or something ..... cheers
Spanky
Addict
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

What time are you planning to hit dublin for? Spidey is leaving from the little chef @9am im hoping to be there and shinning up the car @ 9am, The garage is literally around the corner from the show, i'll see if I can get a good map up for you, or we can arrange to meet you somewhere along the way to the show depending on what time it will be etc
dshamrock2000
graphgraph

Dave, I think we should probably aim for the little chef... I know where that is so should be good. Junction 6 M50, Navan Road

Will we be heading back onto the M50 and through the toll from there? I hear there are no cash desks on it now and its best to pre-pay?

GW: if we are meeting in Newry I would say 7:15/7:30 ... balls to the coffe just head from there and get something at the Little Chef
Spanky
Addict
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Or if your planning to go direct, when your heading south on the M50, take junction 11, and you simply go staright all the way (through a big trffic light junction, through templeogue village, through lights, and the next set of lights take a left and 1st turn right into the college, or instaed of taking the turn right into the college, keep going straight and at the tjunction the garage is diagonally across from you
dshamrock2000
graphgraph

Re:19th Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show. 04/07/10 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 24
Is anybody bringing a kettle?? Assume thats what the cooker yoke is for...I can bring one if not

doh, just copped that how we are cooking the food...blonde moment
Scooby
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/07/01 22:35 By Scooby.
Spend money I dont have to buy parts that I dont need to impress people that I dont know

Spanky wrote:
Dave, I think we should probably aim for the little chef... I know where that is so should be good. Junction 6 M50, Navan Road

Will we be heading back onto the M50 and through the toll from there? I hear there are no cash desks on it now and its best to pre-pay?

GW: if we are meeting in Newry I would say 7:15/7:30 ... balls to the coffe just head from there and get something at the Little Chef

Ok, yep its barrier free now, you have to pay before 8pm the following evening on www.eflow.ie/index.htm once your on the m50 the college is litterally, exit J11 and go straight, i'll give rob a ring on sunday morning and see how yis are doing for time and i'll pm you my number in case you get delayed and decide to head straight to it, I know the area inside out so can give directions if you get lost
dshamrock2000
graphgraph

Every minute counts when you're leaving early morning. So, if you want, you can meet myself Ray and Glenn at the Maxol station at 9:20 ? Its literally go past the LIttle Chef on N3 toward city centre - about 2 or 3 miles past, th Maxol station is on your left - can't miss it.

I was going to leave Little Chef at 9, go to Maxol down the road, clean car til about 9.20 and then leave about 9.25.

We'll then go through the city centre - so, no toll etc. Arrive at Terenure about 9.45 and stop at local Spar to grab brekkie rolls etc. Then around corner into the show.

By meeting at the Maxol, its gaining you 20 mins
Spidey
Administrator
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

3S-GTE Power Primer !

Go to topPage: 1...89101112131415