Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Contemplating selling my 1996 Mk2 Rev3 Turbo MR2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Contemplating selling my 1996 Mk2 Rev3 Turbo MR2
Contemplating selling my 1996 Mk2 Rev3 Turbo MR2 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 1
Hard decision but unfortunately finances require it, what I was wondering is what would be the market asking price for the car above? Its in very good condition and hasn't been thrashed (by me anyway!)

Thanks!

edited to add pic, bit dirty in that one but it cleans up nicely
_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
Disposable Hero
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/06/12 00:14 By Disposable Hero.
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re:Contemplating selling my 1996 Mk2 Rev3 Turbo MR2 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 102
you'd need to post some more details on the car, mileage, mods, tax, nct etc.
mnixon
graphgraph
Gender: Male m_s_nixon@hotmail.com Location: Dublin Birthday: 09/13

Re:Contemplating selling my 1996 Mk2 Rev3 Turbo MR2 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 217
MR2Gal will give you €1000 she needs some boost in her life.

I cant help with the pricing in the South. Cars tend to sell for more down your way. In NI or the rest of the UK this car would prob go for £2500-4000 depending on mods, mileage etc etc

Good luck with the sale
Spanky
boost is best...simples!!
Addict
graphgraph
Gender: Male markspenceni Location: Moira, N Ireland Birthday: 04/15

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Re:Contemplating selling my 1996 Mk2 Rev3 Turbo MR2 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 314
Why not get involved in some of the organised events and runs through the site? It may bring a whole new lease of life and enjoyment from your MR2 ownership...
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
MR2 Drivers
If you're suffering from lag, you're either in the wrong gear or the wrong car!

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB

Re:Contemplating selling my 1996 Mk2 Rev3 Turbo MR2 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 1
Quandry wrote:
Why not get involved in some of the organised events and runs through the site? It may bring a whole new lease of life and enjoyment from your MR2 ownership...

Oh I still love the car, I just can't afford it at the moment unfortunately. Though I'm just testing the water to see roughly how much it would go for.

Spanky wrote:

I cant help with the pricing in the South. Cars tend to sell for more down your way. In NI or the rest of the UK this car would prob go for £2500-4000 depending on mods, mileage etc etc

Thanks, thats kind of what I was expecting, the dealer I bought it off three years ago offered to take it back of my hands for £3000. It has 108'000 Km on the clock, whatever that is in miles and apart from the bodywork is standard as far as I'm aware.

btw I'm actually up your way in the Glorious Peoples Republic of Northern Ireland and a fine sunny day it is as well
Disposable Hero
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Contemplating selling my 1996 Mk2 Rev3 Turbo MR2 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 217
Disposable Hero wrote:

btw I'm actually up your way in the Glorious Peoples Republic of Northern Ireland and a fine sunny day it is as well

Nice one

Shame you cant hold onto it. If its in good condition you could SORN it for a year or so. You should also look at other insurance option ... stick a woman on your insurance (I'm assumming youre a bloke), this can lower your premiums. You could also specify a lower mileage per year etc etc

£3000 is a reasonable price but for a car with approx. 60k miles and standard you might be able to get closer to £3500 ... depends whether you can arsed with the hassle of advertising and dealing with tyre kickers.
Spanky
boost is best...simples!!
Addict
graphgraph
Gender: Male markspenceni Location: Moira, N Ireland Birthday: 04/15

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Re:Contemplating selling my 1996 Mk2 Rev3 Turbo MR2 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 6
Can only speak for myself from my experience so far, and the market down south is seriously at a standstill...

i've been offered a few different swaps and trade in's, everything from a corsa 172, to an accord type R.

I'd hang onto it another month or so till the summer properly hits, might make a difference to peoples interest in it?

I haven't gotten a single offer of straight money at all, and I think that my asking price of 4995 is pretty reasonable...

That said, the market up north is completely different, so I'm not sure i've been helpful at all!

good luck either way no matter what you decide on doing!
Padidas
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Contemplating selling my 1996 Mk2 Rev3 Turbo MR2 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 1
Thanks everyone!
Disposable Hero
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1