Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Breaking a few Mk2 MR2s
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Breaking a few Mk2 MR2s
Breaking a few Mk2 MR2s 10 Years, 4 Months ago  
Hi guys, I'm breaking a few MR2s that i bought to take a few parts from. Once i've removed the parts i need i'll be breaking the rest of the cars.

First up is a 1990 n/a in red (no engine), a lot of this car is pretty well stripped and ready to go to the MR2 graveyard Used to belong to MOG until he donated it to myself for use in my Phoenix's Power project

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Next is 1990 n/a G-Limited. I'm taking the kit and the wheels off for another project of mine, but again everything else for sale including engine and gearbox

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Lastly i have a 1993 Revision 2 Turbo in 202 black, I'm taking the engine for myself but everything else is available. The car is complete and actually in very nice condition, its a shame to break it! :S

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

I also have a heap of other parts not from these cars, both standard and aftermarket, that i've bought and then decided not to use, post up here or PM me with what you need and i may have it.

Cheers,
Craig
pacman160778

Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: Breaking a few Mk2 MR2s 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
Hey mate, where are you based? I'm lookin for brake calipers and brackets from a Rev2+ to upgrade my fooked Rev1 brakes.
tony67
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user

Re:Breaking a few Mk2 MR2s 10 Years, 4 Months ago  
Hi bud, I'm in Bangor, about 10 miles from Belfast.

I have the Rev2 brakes on the Turbo but haven't assessed the condition of the brakes yet, i'll be at my workshop a few evenings this week so i'll check them out then.

Heres a couple of quick pics of my workshop by the way, has LOADS of room to store all my parts

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
pacman160778

Last Edit: 2009/09/29 03:30 By .

Re:Breaking a few Mk2 MR2s 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
Nice shop, beats my front garden anyway. If they turn out to be in GWO lemme know what you'd be lookin for em.
tony67
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/09/29 03:35 By tony67.

Yes i will do that. I'd prefer to sell them as a complete conversion though, rather than sell a caliper here and a disk there...

The workshop still need wired for lights and i need to get all the parts from my house down there (two rooms FULL of MR2 parts!). The loft is actually over twice the length of the building itself, so stacks of room to store parts and have room to do painting and stuff
pacman160778

Quite the MR2 hoarder you must be. I was planning to get new discs and pads, they're pretty cheap on camskill but if it comes down to it and yours are in good condition I could go for the whole lot.......@ the right price of course.
tony67
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Breaking a few Mk2 MR2s 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 38
how are things lad.on the black mr2 what condition is that bonnet in?is the paint faded or is it jus dirty and is there any stone chips or rust on it?i also need the front splitter off it and the undertrays off a rev 3.pm me with a total price for all 3 please.cheers
mr.2
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
If anyone has genuine border rear spats they want to sell please pm me

Re:Breaking a few Mk2 MR2s 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 7
on the rev 2 turbo are the clocks in kph or mph whats the milage and also my brother has a 91 mr2 n/a uk model have you an engine for one and at what price?
paryan
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Breaking a few Mk2 MR2s 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 213
How much for the piece of plastic trim behind the driver seat, that basically goes around the engine lid catch/handle ?

Ta
Rob
Spidey
Administrator
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
I promise, this is going to be my last mod ....

3S-GTE Power Primer !

have to rush out but will reply to all when i get home this evening
pacman160778

Re:Breaking a few Mk2 MR2s 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 327

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

How much for the alloys.

I am also looking for the engine bay undertrays and brackets for a rev 3.
slipsliderg
"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
graphgraph
"Happier than a tornado in a trailer park"

"Just as in cuisine, the ‘flavor’ of a car is quite important…”
Hiromu Naruse 1943-2010 RIP

Any front fogs left paccers ?
Scooby

mr.2 wrote:
how are things lad.on the black mr2 what condition is that bonnet in?is the paint faded or is it jus dirty and is there any stone chips or rust on it?i also need the front splitter off it and the undertrays off a rev 3.pm me with a total price for all 3 please.cheers
Ok had a look at the bonnet after work tonight, i knew it needed a good polish already, but had a look for stonechips and they are some very SMALL ones. Condition-wise i'd probably give it 8/10 overall. I didn't have my camera with me so couldn't take any detailed photos, and i had hoped to give the car a good clean and polish before i advertised/sold any of the bodypanels.

The Rev2 front splitter is in very good condition, and in the unpainted black plastic that the Rev2 ones come as standard.

As for the engine undertrays, the only ones that i'll have from a Rev 3 are the ones on my own car and i'll be hanging onto them. Might have some from a Rev1/2 though?
pacman160778

paryan wrote:
on the rev 2 turbo are the clocks in kph or mph whats the milage and also my brother has a 91 mr2 n/a uk model have you an engine for one and at what price?
The Rev2 turbo has some of those cheap dials that go over the original ones. Unsure whether they are stickers or not, but my guess is they are stickers as it looks a rather cheap effort The odometer is showing 150k which i assume is in Km.

As for the engine,there is one in the silver car, which is an import, although your brother's 1991 UK car should use the same 3SGE engine...
pacman160778

Spidey wrote:
How much for the piece of plastic trim behind the driver seat, that basically goes around the engine lid catch/handle ?

Ta
Rob

Should have one of those alright, if you need one you can have it when i see you on Sunday for the seats and cards
pacman160778

slipsliderg wrote:

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

How much for the alloys.

I am also looking for the engine bay undertrays and brackets for a rev 3.

Was going to hang onto those for the future, i'm a bit anal about having rare JDM wheels like Works and its hard to find a set of these ones with a full set of centre caps and nuts.

Don't have any engine under trays from a Rev3 i'm afraid :(
pacman160778

Re:Breaking a few Mk2 MR2s 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 327
[/quote]pacman160778 wrote:i'm a bit anal about having rare JDM wheels like Works and its hard to find a set of these ones with a full set of centre caps and nuts.[/quote]

No problem thanks for the reply, but if you change your mind PM me PLEASE €€€
slipsliderg
"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/09/30 20:36 By slipsliderg.
"Happier than a tornado in a trailer park"

"Just as in cuisine, the ‘flavor’ of a car is quite important…”
Hiromu Naruse 1943-2010 RIP

Any word on the brakes yet?
tony67
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

tony67 wrote:
Any word on the brakes yet?
Not as yet as i've been very busy with work and i only got to the workshop for 10 minutes yesterday to collect some parts i have to post out to somebody.

Hopefully tomorrow evening i'll be up there with a mate who can operate the brake pedal for me whilst i test that all the calipers are holding ok.

Are you going to Enniskillen on Sunday?
pacman160778

If theres anyone needing parts and looking them to bring them to Enniskillen on Sunday could they let me know as soon as possible as i will need to go to my workshop before hand as thats where two of the cars are located, and they are both complete.
pacman160778

Re:Breaking a few Mk2 MR2s 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 38
pacman160778 wrote:
mr.2 wrote:
Ok had a look at the bonnet after work tonight, i knew it needed a good polish already, but had a look for stonechips and they are some very SMALL ones. Condition-wise i'd probably give it 8/10 overall. I didn't have my camera with me so couldn't take any detailed photos, and i had hoped to give the car a good clean and polish before i advertised/sold any of the bodypanels.

The Rev2 front splitter is in very good condition, and in the unpainted black plastic that the Rev2 ones come as standard.

As for the engine undertrays, the only ones that i'll have from a Rev 3 are the ones on my own car and i'll be hanging onto them. Might have some from a Rev1/2 though?

ok no problem man.im tryin ta get a mint bonnet to save me spraying it.an the rev 3 undertrays are different aswell im sure.id be still intetested in the lip alright..
mr.2
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
If anyone has genuine border rear spats they want to sell please pm me

Spidey wrote:

Ta
Rob

Did you get a chance to check if you have this piece (that has the speaker cover and engine catch/handle etc) ? And if so, how much ?

Ta
Rob
_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
Spidey
Administrator
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/10/02 11:16 By Spidey.

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

3S-GTE Power Primer !

mr.2 wrote:
pacman160778 wrote:
mr.2 wrote:

ok no problem man.im tryin ta get a mint bonnet to save me spraying it.an the rev 3 undertrays are different aswell im sure.id be still intetested in the lip alright..

No i wouldn't describe it as mint, like i say i would give it an 8/10 overall.

Have the Rev2 lip, are you going to Enniskillen on Sunday?
pacman160778

Spidey wrote:
Spidey wrote:

Ta
Rob

Did you get a chance to check if you have this piece (that has the speaker cover and engine catch/handle etc) ? And if so, how much ?

Ta
Rob
_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Yes Rob, i'll have it ok. In black which i assume is what you need? Wasn't really looking anything for it since you are giving mea good deal on the seats and doorcards :kiss:
pacman160778

Sounds good to me

Yes, in black, thanks.

Make sure you're happy with the seats first anyway.

See you Sunday about 10 / 10:15
Spidey
Administrator
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

3S-GTE Power Primer !

Ok mate no worries, i'm going after work this evening to remove it for you.
pacman160778

Ok so i got up a little late on Sunday and never made it to Straighliners

I had that interior panel removed for rob and the A-Pillar plastics removed for someone else though, they are still in my car, if you still need them...
pacman160778

Re:Breaking a few Mk2 MR2s 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 32
Only just saw this thread.

Im after a few very small things

eg

boot liner fastners, bolts that hold the plastic parts of the frunk to the bodywork, gear stick surround, unscratched offside window in bronze tint, front fogs, inside door lock (bit with the fluro orange stickers on them (unfaded)...basically stuff like that to tidy up and complete my car.

Anyway Im only 30 mins up the road from you. If you have any of this left, plus anything else that might be in better condition than what I have it would be great if I could pop down. Let me know.

Kyle
GWrinkle
Baked
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Kyle Bingham Location: Belfast Birthday: 06/28

GWrinkle wrote:
Only just saw this thread.

Im after a few very small things

eg

boot liner fastners, bolts that hold the plastic parts of the frunk to the bodywork, gear stick surround, unscratched offside window in bronze tint, front fogs, inside door lock (bit with the fluro orange stickers on them (unfaded)...basically stuff like that to tidy up and complete my car.

Anyway Im only 30 mins up the road from you. If you have any of this left, plus anything else that might be in better condition than what I have it would be great if I could pop down. Let me know.

Kyle

I have the boot liner fasteners on the Turbo, however it also has a mint carpet that looks like its never been removed in its life (probably why its still got them!), so reluctant to split them as i'll probably use all that for one of my own cars. You'll buy them all from Toyota for a couple of quid anyway i'm sure? Same goes for the bolts for the frunk as well i'm sure?

Gear stick surround shouldn't be a problem, would need to check the condition of the offside (front i assume?) window, but i have three of them in bronze i can sell so should have a good one.

Do you mean the door handle lock itself where you flick the button into the door? Have a few of them as well but again would need to check condition. Pain in the arse removing them though as it means you can't open the door

I have a couple of the cars at my workshop in Holywood, and another at the house, so whatever is handiest for you really
pacman160778

Re:Breaking a few Mk2 MR2s 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 6
Just putting this out there...

what are the exhaust's like on all of these cars??

and nice standard like ones? i'd be definitely interested...
Padidas
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12