Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

1991 MR2 T-Bar for sale..
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: 1991 MR2 T-Bar for sale..
1991 MR2 T-Bar for sale.. 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Karma: 11
I have to sell my MR2. I've figured out that I have neither the time nor the spare cash to put my beloved MR2 back on the road, so I am hoping to move it onwards to someone that can give it the love it deserves, otherwise I'll likely be sending it to the scrappy and I'd avoid that if I could.

1991 MR2 MK2 Gen1 2.0 GTi-16 T-Bar, red, 3S-GE, 121060 miles.
All original except: the wheels, the powered aerial, the radio ISO wiring update, and the steering rack bushings.

Things that are good:
- Original UK car, imported to Ireland about 8 years ago. I'm the second Irish owner.
- Leather interior, seats without tears.
- Has original t-bar panels with the correct bags, and roof seals are not leaking, and have had extra foam added to fully proof the roof from water ingress.
- Engine in (genuinely) great condition, cambelt and water pump done about 3 years 1000 miles ago.
- Updated poly steering rack bushings.
- Genuine toolkit and original space saver spare wheel.
- Wheels are Racing Sparco Python II, staggered width setup. Fronts are 17"x8, rear are 17"x9 - max that will fit under the arches without rubbing. B
- Tyres are good, and the max that will fit under the arches without rubbing.
- Stored with handbrake off so that shouldn't have seized with storage.
- Immobiliser works without problems.

Comes with:
- Spare rear spoiler with 3rd brake light, a project I didn't get around to starting.
- Spare coolant hardpipes (the pipes of doom?).

Things needing work:
- Failed NCT last summer for rust, needs about 7 places of welding underneath.
- Brakes have probably seized as it hasn't been moved in about 6 months.
- Passenger window needs new regulator fitted, this spare is supplied with the car. Attempted theft of the car damaged the regulator runner. Still works, just not perfectly.
- Paint needs compounding, as it's the typical Toyota pink at the moment.

I'm on +353876438725 or mr2@cathalferris.com, looking for €600 as it is. I'm not interested at this point in breaking it as I don't have the storage space for a carcass of spare parts.

Where it is currently is being sold hence the requirement to move it onwards, and I don't have anywhere else to store it.

If you're interested, make me an offer and see what happens. Click pics for larger versions, please feel free to ask anything about the car.

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
cathalferris
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2017/06/27 19:04 By cathalferris.
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: 1991 MR2 T-Bar for sale.. 1 Month ago Karma: 46
Hi there,

I don't have the space for the full car. But I would be super interested in a few parts off it, as I also own a red 1991 Rev1 MR2.

If you can't find a complete buyer, please, please give me a shout first before scrapping the car. I'd take a few bits off the car. I could easily remove these myself and take away the parts on the day. The leathers + inspection panels + rear amber lenses + other bits and bobs for spares interest me.

Naturally there'd be cash in your pocket

Let me know if this is amicable?
Rex Banner
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: 1991 MR2 T-Bar for sale.. 1 Month ago Karma: 46
Just seen your number and left you a quick text.
Rex Banner
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1