Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Don't forget to fill your tank - lol
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Don't forget to fill your tank - lol
Don't forget to fill your tank - lol 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 314
Interesting article on independent.ie here: www.independent.ie/lifestyle/motoring/mo...es-soar-2542443.html

"Breakdown service Green Flag reported a 40pc increase in its number of fuel-related call-outs in the second half of January, compared with the same period the previous month."

I guess people might be just used to putting in 20euro per week or whatever and now they're finding this doesn't get them through?

I think it's disgraceful the amount of tax and duty that we pay on fuel, and the government have got a hell of a cheek putting up the prices when they took away e85, a perfectly good fuel that could have put money back in to Ireland and not had it exported away to the oil barons/IMF bailout.
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
MR2 Drivers
If you're suffering from lag, you're either in the wrong gear or the wrong car!

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re:Don't forget to fill your tank - lol 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 32
i heard on the radio there a few weeks ago that petrol would only be around 60c if there was no tax on it,its justveasy money for them because its a neccesity!!
spurs mr2
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Don't forget to fill your tank - lol 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 18
I heard the Irish Government are fined €millions every year in fines because they cannot meet the carbon emission level set out by the EU - hence the new carbon tax added to fuel prices!!
disco72
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Don't forget to fill your tank - lol 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 314
Lovely. I think that e85 was 85% carbon free too??
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
MR2 Drivers

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB

Re:Don't forget to fill your tank - lol 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 62
It's pretty disgusting how much we have to pay on motor tax. My mrs drives a 09 Ford Focus, 1.6 and pays 140 euro a year tax thanks to the Green Party's CO2 emmissions based taxation system. I'm driving a car which is 20 years old and, when parked next to the Focus, looks about half the size, yet I pay about 4 times that amount. I'm on the verge of being forced out of MR2 ownership at the moment because of this and the price of petrol which is set to reach 1.50 per litre, if it has not already. Just barely affording it at the moment.
corkmr2
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Don't forget to fill your tank - lol 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 314
corkmr2 wrote:
It's pretty disgusting how much we have to pay on motor tax. My mrs drives a 09 Ford Focus, 1.6 and pays 140 euro a year tax thanks to the Green Party's CO2 emmissions based taxation system. I'm driving a car which is 20 years old and, when parked next to the Focus, looks about half the size, yet I pay about 4 times that amount. I'm on the verge of being forced out of MR2 ownership at the moment because of this and the price of petrol which is set to reach 1.50 per litre, if it has not already. Just barely affording it at the moment.

I agree 100%!

Imagine the burnt energy and carbon emissions that were generated in making that 'new' Focus. Are they accounted for!? ok if someone really wants a new car they should be able to buy it but to enslave a population to 'renewing' their car every three years because they think they're being GREEN. What a load of bullshit!

I had FineGael at the door last night looking for a vote, I'm just waiting for the jackass from the greens/FF to turn up for some lively debate.
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
MR2 Drivers

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB

Re:Don't forget to fill your tank - lol 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 154
The cheeky feckers have been flat out putting shit through my door, though its always when Im not there so I havent had to chance to give them a hard time.
Infamous
Petrol Head <(+_+)>
Addict
graphgraph

Re:Don't forget to fill your tank - lol 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 30
The difference in price between up here in the US and down there in Mexico is really tightening up !
mark239
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1