Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Throttle stuck full open
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Throttle stuck full open
Throttle stuck full open 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 12
Had a scare this morning - just pulled out of a side road onto the main road and pushed the go faster pedal to the floor, the pedal stayed there with the tach needle bouncing off the red line and the engine screeeeeaming in pain.

Turned off the ignition and freewheeled onto the verge. Turned out the pedal had got caught the floor mat and could not return.

The mat is in the bin now and all seems ok with the motor, not a an experience I would like to repeat but gives me confidence that the engine won't blow on the Dyno @ ECC in April
bassman
If it's too loud - you're too old
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male www.alaskanhuskyni.com Location: Co Down Birthday: 12/15
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re:Throttle stuck full open 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 217
bassman wrote:
Had a scare this morning - just pulled out of a side road onto the main road and pushed the go faster pedal to the floor, the pedal stayed there with the tach needle bouncing off the red line and the engine screeeeeaming in pain.

Turned off the ignition and freewheeled onto the verge. Turned out the pedal had got caught the floor mat and could not return.

The mat is in the bin now and all seems ok with the motor, not a an experience I would like to repeat but gives me confidence that the engine won't blow on the Dyno @ ECC in April

proper mats with the little captive 1/4 turn holders (towards the seat) hel guard against this. Check out eBay 'cause I doubt Toyota garages still sell them
Spanky
boost is best...simples!!
Addict
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male markspenceni Location: Moira, N Ireland Birthday: 04/15

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Go to topPage: 1