Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

MR2 Only Magazine issue 21
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: MR2 Only Magazine issue 21
MR2 Only Magazine issue 21 11 Years, 7 Months ago  

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Click link below to order
http://mr2only.com/content.php?26-Current-Issue

Spring is in the air, T-tops and rag tops have already been off, and excitement is stirring within the owners’ clubs about the oncoming shows for the summer of 2010, and many new or rejuvenated winter MR2 projects are landing in our feature request in box, I’ve a good feeling about this year!

There have also been a number of changes here at MR2 Only HQ, firstly our website www.mr2only.com has been given a complete makeover, primarily adding a portal for us to obtain information about your potential MR2s as feature cars, see the feature request option in the main header at the top. It’s also easier to order or subscribe to MR2 Only Mag, and easier for us to keep you updated of each issue, as well as an area to leave your feedback and suggestions, chat about magazine topics, as well as being able to post up a photo to pimp your own MR2 ride. I’m also very pleased with our Facebook fan page which is a regular hive of activity now enjoying almost 1500 members.

More exciting news. In the next month or so we’re also launching a 2nd magazine entitled Toyota Performance Magazine, which as the title suggests is open to all performance Toyota badged cars, past, present and future, and needless to say some of the best MR2s feature here in MR2 Only may well be featured in TPM too. Many have intimated that this new magazine spells the end of MR2 Only Mag, but I can categorically dispel that rumour as being quite the contrary, we’ve found it’s actually strengthening MR2 Only and generating a whole new wave of interest for us and we will continue doing what we’ve always done, and go from strength to strength

And so onto our issue in hand and the delights within, starting with three stunning Spyders, Roadsters, Mk3s whatever you call them in your part of the world. Three totally different beasts, firstly there is Marvin’s cover featured Veilside Hass Turbo kitted Mk3, which is surely enough to make the most diehard of Mk2 owners crumble. For a bit of eye candy we also feature Miika’s unique custom kitted bright orange Mk3 which is quite a head turner, literally. Last but not least we have Karl’s 1ZZ TRD supercharged Mk3, a stunning Spyder portraying stock looks, with a 234 whp sting in its tail

Mk2s we have MR2OCs Lezz Whitehouse’s freshly kitted and painted 300bhp capable Revision 3 sporting a whole new look for the 2010 show season.
From way up North we feature Andy Lee’s subtly styled 96 MR2 that somehow just seems to stand out on the club forums, and just goes to show that it’s not all about MR2 Turbos!
Also from down under, we feature Aussie Elvis fan Sharne Osbornes who in a quest to create the perfect MR2 audio install and a heartfelt tail with a twist has indeed ‘followed that dream’.

And finally onto a Mk1(.5) that will give any Turbo’d Mk2 or Mk3 a run for its money we have Dan’s wide arched 3SGTE swapped Mk1 Turbo, a car we spotted during last year’s Bear Mountain coverage.

As ever we feature our newly titled MR2 Race Round up, encompassing reports and information from all of the series. MR2 Racing season is hotting up with a couple of new series, we even made it along to the first two TSS rounds to show our support and see what it’s all about in preparation for our own involvement possibly for round 4.

Our own projects are coming along nicely, 2 out of 3 of them are almost running perfectly and spruced up for showtime, although the Mk1 is still in pieces with the replacement 4AGE engine stripped down ready to remove the head to be skimmed and rebuilt with new parts.

Show and event season is coming, we’ll be at Japfest, Japshows, and JAE as well as a few other meets. One notable event for your diary is Saturday May 22nd Roadster Owner Club Ding day hosted at Demon Tweeks in Wrexham, opened up to all marques of MR2, a great chance to get any annoying dints fixed and enjoy generous discounts within the store.

A big thanks goes to our newly appointed Sub Editor, Mark Thorpe for this particular issue of MR2 Only Magazine, who has been a tower of strength taking some of the pressure off myself during the setting up of the new Toyota Performance Magazine. You’re doing a grand job fella, much appreciated!

We also add a new member to your team, our new ‘Man in Japan’ MR2 owning Anthony Pedwell, who’ll be sending us regular writeups and photos of MR2s from the motherland.

We hope you enjoy our latest issue and we’ll be pleased to catch up with you at the shows, and welcome your MR2 photos and your magazine feedback on our new website. www.mr2only.com

WE'VE ALSO A FEW MR2.IE EVENTS TO CATCH UP ON IN OUR NEXT ISSUE (22) WHICH WERE A LITTLE TOO LATE TO INCLUDE IN THIS ISSUE

Click link below to order
http://mr2only.com/content.php?26-Current-Issue
steve@mr2onlymag

Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re:MR2 Only Magazine issue 21 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 102
Looking forward to it Steve

also looking forward to issue 22
mnixon
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male m_s_nixon@hotmail.com Location: Dublin Birthday: 09/13

Re:MR2 Only Magazine issue 21 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 314
Sounds good Steve, hope they're not getting sent air mail though
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
MR2 Drivers
If you're suffering from lag, you're either in the wrong gear or the wrong car!

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB

Re:MR2 Only Magazine issue 21 11 Years, 7 Months ago  
lol, now I've finished on our latest issue, and have some time, I'll get my leaf blower out and see if I can help get rid of some of that Volcanic Ash! (lol) in all seriousness by the time the magazine is printed end of the week, we're hoping the air disruption is over
steve@mr2onlymag

Re:MR2 Only Magazine issue 21 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 314
Yeah it's mad altogether, causing major disruption over here. At least you guys have the channel tunnel for Europe... I guess we have the westward flights for the USA though.. shame there is not Ireland-UK channel tunnel!
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
MR2 Drivers
If you're suffering from lag, you're either in the wrong gear or the wrong car!

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB

Go to topPage: 1