Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Replacement window bits after an atttempted theft?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Replacement window bits after an atttempted theft?
Replacement window bits after an atttempted theft? 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 11
Came out this morning to see the passenger window looking a bit askew in the frame, and a 2 inch gap at the top of the window leaving in all of the night's weather.

Some scrote managed to shove the window down in to the door and has damaged either the runners or the regulator.

I was awake when the alarm went off ~4am and looked out but didn't see anything, looks likely that they moved on to another car once they were disturbed.

My neighbour's kaput Merc 190e was broken into and pushed around the corner, the dash was ripped out and a hotwire was attempted, not realising that there was no battery in the car, and it wouldn't start anyway.

Where would the best place be to get replacement parts for my 2, now that Joe's gone to the garage in the sky?
cathalferris
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: Replacement window bits after an atttempted theft? 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 29
i should have a few bits for ya.
st182r
JOR MR2 PARTS
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Replacement window bits after an atttempted theft? 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 154
That's sickening Cathal, though on the upside at least they never got away with your car!
Hopefully you get sorted with parts!
KC+1 for some luck.
Infamous
Petrol Head <(+_+)>
Addict
graphgraph

Re: Replacement window bits after an atttempted theft? 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 11
Cheers guys.

I'll get in contact once I disassemble the passenger door to see the level of damage and to see what's required. Provisionally it'll be a regulator at least.

It's another thing to learn about with the car how the windows work in this one.

I'll have to take a look at making it more obvious with security in this car, it's already alarmed and immobilised, I suppose it's time to put a large visual deterrent into it as well.
cathalferris
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Replacement window bits after an atttempted theft? 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 7
You can buy a dud led flashing lite that hooks onto a 12v with a built in relay and could be used in conjuction with your alarm , and for your window its prob just the cog on the regalator or hppefully not the sissor mech , had a link for the dud led ligh but cant upload it with da fone
julo
keep her lit
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1