Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: BOV issue
BOV issue 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 59
right lads, anyone on here know anything about bov/dump valves? I got one in a box of parts when I bought the car. I'd say its a cheapo one and looks like a forge type one. I stuck it on the car again today (as i also had it on shortly after i bought the car aswell for about 10mins ). It sounds like it's sticking open, especially in 1st and 2nd gear and p*sses away the boost. If you give it a decent bit of throttle it will close up, you get boost and then will function as normal dumping the pressure when you lift off!

Just wondering is it just a case of crappy bov, or crappy fitting by me and i've plumbed it up wrong any info is appreciated, just want to know for myself more than anything as i don't think i could live with one everyday
Bommie
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: BOV issue 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 108
Hi Stick up a pic' and we'll let you know if plumped up right can't really go wrong
ricky2
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
rickyd96 Location: carrickfergus Birthday: 01/15

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Re: BOV issue 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 59
have it taken off again! Had the bov attached to the hotpipe with the correct flange and then had the vacuum line attached to the nipple on top of the bov, pretty sure that's how its supposed to go but i've been wrong many times before is it possible it's just full of crud i wonder and maybe a good clean would help?
Bommie
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: BOV issue 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 108
Bommie wrote:
have it taken off again! Had the bov attached to the hotpipe with the correct flange and then had the vacuum line attached to the nipple on top of the bov, pretty sure that's how its supposed to go but i've been wrong many times before is it possible it's just full of crud i wonder and maybe a good clean would help?

won't hurt
ricky2
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
rickyd96 Location: carrickfergus Birthday: 01/15

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Re: BOV issue 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 59
cheers ricky, might try open it and see if i can see whats going on with it, will report back if i find anything
Bommie
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1