Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

ABS LIGHT ON DASH
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: ABS LIGHT ON DASH
#77632
Re: ABS LIGHT ON DASH 1 Year, 10 Months ago Karma: 14
Top man,used your link and ordered,thank you.Good diagram also,shows me that what i had already done was right,i was in at toyota the cost off sensor was 190 euro plus vat on top,robbers,they said another toyota sensor wont work,you no what,i just dont believe them,untill have tried out the theory myself.
JOCK
Junior Boarder
Posts: 118
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: waterford
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#77634
Re: ABS LIGHT ON DASH 1 Year, 10 Months ago Karma: 74
I have no fu3king clue what you lads are talking about!
Tsporter
Expert Boarder
Posts: 811
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Kildare Birthday: 01/01
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#77636
Re: ABS LIGHT ON DASH 1 Year, 10 Months ago Karma: 106
JOCK wrote:
Top man,used your link and ordered,thank you.Good diagram also,shows me that what i had already done was right,i was in at toyota the cost off sensor was 190 euro plus vat on top,robbers,they said another toyota sensor wont work,you no what,i just dont believe them,untill have tried out the theory myself.

Ok mate out of interest (and fear for when mine go) I had a goosey gander on the interweb and apparently an IS200 sensor should work, reckon you'd have better luck getting one of them at a good price.

round 70ish euro should get you a new one -

www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_odkw=89545-30060...5-30060&_sacat=0

do some more research on the part nos etc so it matches the side your after, etc - I've done the ground work there so should be handy to work out the rest

was actually mentioned on this site:


Re:ABS or no ABS on mk2? 4 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 12
just a point here. i have a 95 mk2 and it is a eng import. had the dash light removed by criminal who sold it to me! So have a look at the front wheel( it's easier than back wheel). in behind the brake discs.(sorry i'm useless with real names of these things) basically you should see a wire for abs if you have it.


also if anyone ever has a broke abs sensor they are like 180 euro for new from toyota. taking one off a lexus is200 worked for me.
eringobragh
Addict
Posts: 1664
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Location: Dublin
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#77640
Re: ABS LIGHT ON DASH 1 Year, 10 Months ago Karma: 106
Tsporter wrote:
I have no fu3king clue what you lads are talking about!



eringobragh
Addict
Posts: 1664
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Location: Dublin
Last Edit: 2016/01/26 20:16 By eringobragh.
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#77642
Re: ABS LIGHT ON DASH 1 Year, 10 Months ago Karma: 14
awsome,i looked everywhere on this site,and other mr2 sites,found nothing,ok better get my glasses fixed lol,your a legend,as i no from searching IS200 cars had shared parts,devolopment sharing with mr2,s i just couldnt confirm it,right im off to look at your link.
JOCK
Junior Boarder
Posts: 118
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: waterford
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#77644
Re: ABS LIGHT ON DASH 1 Year, 10 Months ago Karma: 106
JOCK wrote:
awsome,i looked everywhere on this site,and other mr2 sites,found nothing,ok better get my glasses fixed lol,your a legend,as i no from searching IS200 cars had shared parts,devolopment sharing with mr2,s i just couldnt confirm it,right im off to look at your link.

no hassle, let us know how you get on
eringobragh
Addict
Posts: 1664
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Location: Dublin
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#77754
Re: ABS LIGHT ON DASH 1 Year, 10 Months ago Karma: 14
OK have the IS200 LEXUS abs sensor fitted,was a bit off work doing a bit off trimming,making new top connector,brackets to get it to fit on the mr2,so how it stands now is i have four abs sensors giving me a reading,still have abs light stuck on dash,i just cant figure how to reset the abs on Rev4,all those links online for rev3 and older,has anyone got a clue how i can reset ABS on a rev4,i can reset ECU and power steering,but nothing i try,resets or gives abs fault codes,heeellllpp pleeeaaaseee.

Thnks jock
JOCK
Junior Boarder
Posts: 118
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: waterford
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#77756
Re: ABS LIGHT ON DASH 1 Year, 10 Months ago Karma: 106
What readings the is200 sensor giving?
eringobragh
Addict
Posts: 1664
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Location: Dublin
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#77760
Re: ABS LIGHT ON DASH 1 Year, 10 Months ago Karma: 14
1012 ohms nearly same as original mr2 sensor on rear farside,all i think i need to do no is find out how to bloody reset abs,then i would no for sure if the is200 sensor works,its driving me mad,not been able to find online how to check a rev4
JOCK
Junior Boarder
Posts: 118
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: waterford
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#77762
Re: ABS LIGHT ON DASH 1 Year, 10 Months ago Karma: 14
good thing about is200 sensor is its plastic ,not steel like mr2,so was easy to file down to fit in axle,
JOCK
Junior Boarder
Posts: 118
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: waterford
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#77764
Re: ABS LIGHT ON DASH 1 Year, 10 Months ago Karma: 106
JOCK wrote:
good thing about is200 sensor is its plastic ,not steel like mr2,so was easy to file down to fit in axle,

Leave the negative off the battery for an hour and see if that resets it
eringobragh
Addict
Posts: 1664
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Location: Dublin
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#77766
Re: ABS LIGHT ON DASH 1 Year, 10 Months ago Karma: 14
will do,had it off for 15 mins,but in morn after job,will leave off for an hour,will try anything at this stage
JOCK
Junior Boarder
Posts: 118
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: waterford
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#77768
Re: ABS LIGHT ON DASH 1 Year, 10 Months ago Karma: 72
usually tapping the brake 8 or more times within 3 seconds of turning on ignition resets abs codes.
spla300
Booooost!!!
Expert Boarder
Posts: 1358
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: longford
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#77770
Re: ABS LIGHT ON DASH 1 Year, 10 Months ago Karma: 14
tryed that before thanks,tryed everything thats in every forum on web,all that stuff is for rev3 models,where it says to put pins on diagnostics port on a rev3 to get abs fault codes ,i get power steering codes,i run ecu fault codes,and it comes back clean,no faults,but light still on dash for abs,so far have,disconnected abs unit,all fuses,battery,abs service connector,tryed every way off diagnostics,still ABS light on all the time,and yes i have replaced bulb,and replaced the faulty abs sensor,its a mystery,
JOCK
Junior Boarder
Posts: 118
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: waterford
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#77898
Re: ABS LIGHT ON DASH 1 Year, 10 Months ago Karma: 14
I have still got my ABS light on constant in dashboard,i have tryed replacing a non working abs sensor,and cleaned the other 3,
Now im getting great advice on how to test error codes,and at this stage im an expert on how to test ecu,ps, airbag error codes lol,but still have not been able to test ABS codes,have disconnected battery,taking out all main fuses on car,to see if car resets itself,this wont work on a MR2.
I Think i have gotn to the reason why i cant test ABS codes and why the abs light stays on constant Faulty ABS Control Unit, i found in a snipet,will stop a poor chap like me been able to test abs codes,
My abs ecu part number is - TOYOTA 89541-17050 ,ITS located under glove box,and takes ten minutes to take out,i dont have equipment to test an ECU,

So what im asking is would somebody have a spare for sale,or is willing to let me try there abs ecu for ten minutes,just to make sure my theory is right,it would be a very expensive mistake on my part to buy a new one,then to find out i was wrong,im based in waterford,but happy to travel to try get this sorted out,as i have been at this 3 weeks now,and as im not able to work anymore,cant afford to be sending car to a main dealer so they can rob me blind.
Thanks in advance JOCK
JOCK
Junior Boarder
Posts: 118
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: waterford
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#77904
Re: ABS LIGHT ON DASH 1 Year, 10 Months ago Karma: 106
JOCK wrote:
I have still got my ABS light on constant in dashboard,i have tryed replacing a non working abs sensor,and cleaned the other 3,
Now im getting great advice on how to test error codes,and at this stage im an expert on how to test ecu,ps, airbag error codes lol,but still have not been able to test ABS codes,have disconnected battery,taking out all main fuses on car,to see if car resets itself,this wont work on a MR2.
I Think i have gotn to the reason why i cant test ABS codes and why the abs light stays on constant Faulty ABS Control Unit, i found in a snipet,will stop a poor chap like me been able to test abs codes,
My abs ecu part number is - TOYOTA 89541-17050 ,ITS located under glove box,and takes ten minutes to take out,i dont have equipment to test an ECU,

So what im asking is would somebody have a spare for sale,or is willing to let me try there abs ecu for ten minutes,just to make sure my theory is right,it would be a very expensive mistake on my part to buy a new one,then to find out i was wrong,im based in waterford,but happy to travel to try get this sorted out,as i have been at this 3 weeks now,and as im not able to work anymore,cant afford to be sending car to a main dealer so they can rob me blind.
Thanks in advance JOCK


Probably makes sense its the ecu thats most likely a culprit considering you couldn't get a diagnostic reading - I haven't one those parts to hand but I'm sure someone on here has one they could lend you
eringobragh
Addict
Posts: 1664
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Location: Dublin
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#77908
Re: ABS LIGHT ON DASH 1 Year, 10 Months ago Karma: 313
Sorry I can't help my car is non abs.

Bit of an old thread but maybe some contacts in here would have a part?:
www.mr2.ie/mr2-forum/12-site-suggestions...-breakers-in-ireland
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
Posts: 6896
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
MR2 Drivers
If you're suffering from lag, you're either in the wrong gear or the wrong car!

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#78013
Re: ABS LIGHT ON DASH 1 Year, 10 Months ago Karma: 14
abs ecu repaired,still abs light staying on constantly on dash,cant get abs codes,off to buy a strong rope and find a tree
JOCK
Junior Boarder
Posts: 118
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: waterford
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#78051
Re: ABS LIGHT ON DASH 1 Year, 9 Months ago Karma: 106
JOCK wrote:
abs ecu repaired,still abs light staying on constantly on dash,cant get abs codes,off to buy a strong rope and find a tree

"Repaired" what was exactly repaired/? I'd still be looking at getting another used part and trying that.

Case in point -

* Cousin had a DC2 Type R with an airbag faulty -

* Ran a DTC check with paperclip and indicated that it was a faulty module - replaced module wih donedeal breaker

* Light still on - Ran DTC - says airbags deployed -FFS

* Went to UK ebay - ordered part light went out - Job done

Just an anecdote - things ain't always as black and white
eringobragh
Addict
Posts: 1664
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Location: Dublin
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
#79765
Re: ABS LIGHT ON DASH 11 Months ago Karma: 106
ever get across the line with this Jock?

My LH Rear ABS sensor cable ripped off and was unfixable -

Rang Toyota €280 inc VAT for new ABS sensor -

Got a genuine used Lexus IS200 one on fleabay for £17

Reset ABS: Turn Ignition to 0 - Jump Pins in Diag - Press pedal 8 times within 3 seconds.

ABS working again
eringobragh
Addict
Posts: 1664
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Location: Dublin
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!
 
Go to topPage: 12