Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Mesiter R coilover review
Mesiter R coilover review 5 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 35
Hey guys,

I just wrote up a review for the Meister R coilovers which can be found at the following link to a new blog I am starting

I tried posting pics here but failed horrible on the multiple tries I gave it

Anyways its been a long time coming so here ya go and please give me feedback and such. I am very new to this and also the Deuces so be gentle hehe

insouciance-ramblings.blogspot.com/

Oh and remeber there is a club discount on these

Thanks,
Baz
basch32
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane."
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Go Hard or Go Home
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: Mesiter R coilover review 5 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 25
That is a really nice review Barry, very detailed. I have a similar setup to what you had previously (black Billies, Apex springs). So you say that you are currently on 6 settings from the softest? Would you find the ride harder, softer or the same as your prev. setup?
SteveH
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Mesiter R coilover review 5 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 35
Hey,

The coilovers on there current settings are as good if not better than the setup I came from , note that had 15 levels of adjustment while its actually 32 (mixed up coilovers that I was contemplating buying). I was afraid it would get harder when I was buying as did my father both we have both been impressed with the overall ride quality. I havent played with the softer settings yet but I think they would be very comfie (as far as coils go). The biggest thing is that the car just feels much more planted and secure even on the roads of west cork!

The last thing I noticed after putting on the coilovers is that while more bumps can be registers and imperfections in the road this doesnt translate to your back. The coilovers seem to let you know yes there was a bump there but I can damp that no problem haha.

I will be playing with them over the coming two weekends and will try out the softer and harder settings. think for Dublin and the better roads of Ireland could definetly go harder with no sacrifice to comfort. Will update you once I have learned more

Glad you enjoyed it and any suggestions for improvement for future write ups welcome.

Baz
basch32
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Go Hard or Go Home

Re: Mesiter R coilover review 5 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 213
Thanks for the write-up / feedback on these
Spidey
Administrator
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
I promise, this is going to be my last mod ....

3S-GTE Power Primer !

No problem at all happy to be of service
basch32
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Go Hard or Go Home

Re: Mesiter R coilover review 5 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 312
Hi Baz,

Good work and glad the upgrade went well for you.

Here's a how to on adding pictures online here: www.mr2.ie/mr2-forum/29-photography/1623...res-via-imageshackus
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
MR2 Drivers
If you're suffering from lag, you're either in the wrong gear or the wrong car!

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB

These are looking more and more promising........
SteveH
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Where abouts are you located? As I can give you a spin in the car to really show you what they are like. as they say one mans hard is another mans soft :-p
basch32
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Go Hard or Go Home

Filthy!

I'm up in Celbridge, but if you wanna sign up for the photoshoot, I could trade you some lovely photos of your motor for a spin in it!
SteveH
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Just to add to your review, I have a set of these in the Caldina and a set in the 4WD Starlet and I cant fault them at all.
weeJohn
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Were these the ones you got ?

www.fk-shop.de/en/By-Brand-Manufacture/F...&searchparam=mr2

So, we've 10% off the €624 ?

How much was delivery ?
Spidey
Administrator
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

3S-GTE Power Primer !

Spidey no mine are these ones www.meisterr.com/Site/Zeta-R.html and they cost 826e delivered but not sure now with the exchange rate lol.

SteveH ya put me down if I can make the photo shoot would love to get some savage h.quality pics :-D
basch32
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Go Hard or Go Home

basch32 wrote:
Spidey no mine are these ones www.meisterr.com/Site/Zeta-R.html and they cost 826e delivered but not sure now with the exchange rate lol.

SteveH ya put me down if I can make the photo shoot would love to get some savage h.quality pics :-D

Cool - these are definitely on my to do list
Spidey
Administrator
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

3S-GTE Power Primer !

Re: Mesiter R coilover review 4 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 35
Hey guys,

Just an update as I completely forgot to report back on my findings from the track day back in January.

The Meister R's held up incredible well on the day and the car was a joy to drive. The handling was and I had the setting full hard on the back with the front being a bit lighter by 4 levels. This gave the car a little oversteer when pushed to the edge or quite a bit more in turn 1 (Smurfster would know ) but at all times the car felt incredible controllable and went where I wanted it to.

This was my first time out on the track and I gave it socks pushing the car to my limits anyways! Got a few compliments from instructors one asking what engine performance mods I had done to which I replied none. He was quite surprised saying the car was flying it. This isnt a shameless plug of my driving skills but a testament to the confidence and poise the Meister R's gave to the car and shows that a good suspension setup is far more important than oodles of torques (picture Jeremy Clarkson saying it) and Hp's Though I have quite a bit of work to do to get the setups Anto, Ray and Marty J have!!

And again simple at the end of the day dial down the settings to soft and you have a comfy (for coilovers) ride home.

Anyways hope this was helpful and give me a shout if you have any questions
basch32
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Go Hard or Go Home

Re: Mesiter R coilover review 4 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 3
basch32 wrote:
Hey guys,

Just an update as I completely forgot to report back on my findings from the track day back in January.

The Meister R's held up incredible well on the day and the car was a joy to drive. The handling was and I had the setting full hard on the back with the front being a bit lighter by 4 levels. This gave the car a little oversteer when pushed to the edge or quite a bit more in turn 1 (Smurfster would know ) but at all times the car felt incredible controllable and went where I wanted it to.

This was my first time out on the track and I gave it socks pushing the car to my limits anyways! Got a few compliments from instructors one asking what engine performance mods I had done to which I replied none. He was quite surprised saying the car was flying it. This isnt a shameless plug of my driving skills but a testament to the confidence and poise the Meister R's gave to the car and shows that a good suspension setup is far more important than oodles of torques (picture Jeremy Clarkson saying it) and Hp's Though I have quite a bit of work to do to get the setups Anto, Ray and Marty J have!!

And again simple at the end of the day dial down the settings to soft and you have a comfy (for coilovers) ride home.

Anyways hope this was helpful and give me a shout if you have any questions

This sounds veery good, how's the build quality on these?
Any squeaks / rattles since you've fitted them?
I presume the roads of west cork are the best road test you could put these through.
I'm still contemplating these,

Cheers,

Shane
shanec
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Mesiter R coilover review 4 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 35
Shane the build quality is top notch and from inspection when she was up on the lift recently no signs of any wear and tear. other than dirt they look new :-D
Yup the roads down about me really do put a punishment on a car with lots of bumps and uneven surfaces! the car holds the road well when driven on and like i said is a pleasure to drive but tgis is all subjective

Baz
basch32
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Go Hard or Go Home

Re: Mesiter R coilover review 4 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 3
basch32 wrote:
Shane the build quality is top notch and from inspection when she was up on the lift recently no signs of any wear and tear. other than dirt they look new :-D
Yup the roads down about me really do put a punishment on a car with lots of bumps and uneven surfaces! the car holds the road well when driven on and like i said is a pleasure to drive but tgis is all subjective

Baz

All sounds good, but as you say it is subjective.
Would you be around for the cork meet that's might be happening?
Would prefer to see these in the metal before i make a decision, may just upgrade/change the existing shocks and springs if the coilovers are too stiff.
(Roads here aren't the best either and no point spending money to make the car uncomfortable / unusable)

Cheers,

Shane
shanec
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Mesiter R coilover review 4 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 35
Shane,

Yup that wouldnt be a bother at all I tend to go home every 3/4 weeks so even if I cant make the meet I am sure we could organise to meet up some week. Definitely a good idea to have a spin in the car see how she feels and go from there.

If you do go for shocks and springs I would recommend KYB Excel G shock inserts and a set of Eibach or Apexi springs. Many other shock inserts but I find these have been proven to be very good even on the track and would prob be a bit easier on the back than the coilovers/bank account.

One last thing to note is that I run 18" wheels which will mean the car wont absorb the bumps as well as stock ones :-P

Baz
basch32
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/05/30 14:19 By basch32.
Go Hard or Go Home

Re: Mesiter R coilover review 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
Sorry to bring this thread back up but I was wondering how you are getting on with these coilovers now, seriously comtemplating coilovers now

Regards,
Shane
shanec
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Mesiter R coilover review 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 35
Shane,

Loving the coilovers and they are holding up nicely no rust/noise and still look like new. The adjustability is great and when on the softer setting is quite usable in the shite bumpy bacroads of cork. Few people have noted that for coilovers she isnt very harsh which i agree andi am running 18's which doesnt help haha anyways thinj they where savage value for money.

Any other questions let me know.
basch32
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Go Hard or Go Home

Re: Mesiter R coilover review 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 35
Shane,

Loving the coilovers and they are holding up nicely no rust/noise and still look like new. The adjustability is great and when on the softer setting is quite usable in the shite bumpy bacroads of cork. Few people have noted that for coilovers she isnt very harsh which i agree andi am running 18's which doesnt help haha anyways thinj they where savage value for money.

Any other questions let me know.
basch32
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Go Hard or Go Home

Go to topPage: 1