Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

NCT Failure - No Airbag light
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: NCT Failure - No Airbag light
NCT Failure - No Airbag light 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Guys,

I was in for the NCT (4th test, had the car since 2004 - imported from the UK myself), and it passed everything, but was told that it failed because the Airbag light didn't come on. The car is a Rev 4 Mark2 and I have looked through the original handbook - no mentionof Airbag light, and when you turn on the car there is not even a sign of where it could be. I can't ever remember seeing it anyway. The steering wheel is original.

Question is, does the car actually have an airbag light at all? Talking to my brother in law (peugeot and audi mechanic) and he says that its a mechanical airbag so therefore might not actually have one. It has passed 3 times previous to this!!!

I want to get to the bottom of this, as it is incredibly frustrating to say the least.

Thanks.
Fewery
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: NCT Failure - No Airbag light 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 35
the rev4 have an airbag light, earlier ones dont.
Pull out the dash clocks(takes 5 mins) and pull the bulbs till u find the airbag light, check a new bulb incase its just a bad bulb, and if that doesnt fix it-i would loop a wire from the engine check bulb to the airbag bulb, to put the airbag bulb on the same circuit and then the airbag light will come on with the ignition, and go out when the car starts, the same as the engine check light.
mjmitch
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: NCT Failure - No Airbag light 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 106
mjmitch wrote:
the rev4 have an airbag light, earlier ones dont.
Pull out the dash clocks(takes 5 mins) and pull the bulbs till u find the airbag light, check a new bulb incase its just a bad bulb, and if that doesnt fix it-i would loop a wire from the engine check bulb to the airbag bulb, to put the airbag bulb on the same circuit and then the airbag light will come on with the ignition, and go out when the car starts, the same as the engine check light.

The revision 5 has no airbag light, could it be possible his is the same?
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph

Re: NCT Failure - No Airbag light 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 117
Hmm my rev 5 has airbag light, although japanese import, it comes on with ignition at ACC, unlike most other ignition lights.
Tony
b4ss
Admin
graphgraph

Re: NCT Failure - No Airbag light 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 106
b4ss wrote:
Hmm my rev 5 has airbag light, although japanese import, it comes on with ignition at ACC, unlike most other ignition lights.
Tony

Ah but yours has a passenger one as well whereas the UK/IE one doesn't, so probably has something to do with that...anychance of taking a pic of the dashboard with the light.
eringobragh
Addict
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1